Is Some Blood In My Game Ok?

Hello i am making a underground horror area in my game for Halloween. I was gonna add a bloody area with a bloody zombie, but i don’t know if this is too much due to roblox and the way they handle blood.

6 Likes

Ok thank you. Ive never worked with blood in roblox before, but i have seen many games get taken down or the user even banned because of blood before.

2 Likes

I don’t know for sure but better safe then sorry!

If I was you I should just go and inspect the TOS

3 Likes

The blood on the walls is pushing it, but the zombie itself is perfectly fine.

2 Likes

hmm, would it be ok if i change the blood to purple?

1 Like

Not really. Red is fine, it’s just that that would be about 100 people’s blood and it seems like a lot (especially if you are worried)

2 Likes

the zombie drips blood, so i might just make some blood droplets around the area. That should tone the blood down.

2 Likes

Excessive gore is not permitted. Now that is subjective, but in general, just assume that if there is a bunch of blood everywhere, spewing out of corpses yada yada, maybe you should take a few steps back.

And if you want your game on Xbox, there cannot be any blood or gore what so ever. So that is worth keeping in mind: Xbox Guidelines | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

8 Likes

It looks fine but you just can’t put it on Xbox due to Microsofts guidelines.

2 Likes

Yes i know about the Xbox Guidelines

1 Like

Maybe tone down the amount of blood on the walls? If the zombie is dripping blood, maybe make it drop like a trail behind it that stays there instead of disappearing

2 Likes

yea that is what i was talking about here.

1 Like

Yea, the blood in the first picture was overboard. I am going to put some blood droplets around the area, that should be better based on what people are saying.

1 Like

It should be fine, but I wouldn’t be too surprised if it was banned. Although there’s examples of existing games containing blood, sometimes roblox isn’t extremely consistent with their rules and may suddenly ban your game

2 Likes

Add a disclaimer in your game, then, or, make a game thats safer (such as without blood) would be acceptable. Otherwise, it will get deleted. If you dont add a disclaimer or make a game for safer for younger people, then theres a chance your game might get under review or even deleted.

2 Likes

to the picture it looks like blood and gore to me
I think the game is good as long as the people like the blood graphics

2 Likes

The reasons they were banned and games like Phantom Forces hasn’t is because they can toggle the effects

3 Likes

I think some blood is okay, and nobody would really mind, but this scene in specific seems a bit too scary, especially for younger children. I would definitely put a disclaimer at the beginning that warns players of scenes of violence.

If this game is released for console players, certainly do not include it. Roblox is rated Everyone 10+ by the ESRB.

From esrb.org in an article written by ESRB President, Patricia E. Vance:

Available on smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, the Xbox One, and some VR headsets, Roblox has an ESRB rating of E10+ for Everyone 10 and up for Fantasy Violence , which means that typical gameplay should be suitable for most kids. However, the rating also includes a Users Interact notice. This warns parents that players can communicate with each other, join groups and create and share games with each other. In fact, your child can even sell their game on Roblox!

I think that a lot of parents use the ESRB ratings as a good guideline for allowing their kids to play a game. I don’t think it would look good for Roblox if this sort of content was seen on their game. If it isn’t necessary, there really is no reason to include it.

2 Likes

AYE!
Im pretty much sure that its totally safe as I’ve seen a lot of popular games with bloody environment.
But still, to be safe, put a disclaimer in your game about this.
And this looks good :smiley:

1 Like

I think no, I wouldn’t do that,but I know for a fact that you can’t use blood in XBOX,

1 Like