Is Terrorism allowed on ROBLOX?

Sorry, had to grab another eye-catching title to get anyone to click on this post.

It isn’t your traditional terrorism. I know that sounds bad, but let me explain:

I’m creating a text-based life simulator in roblox, similar to Bitlife. Players in this game make the decisions and it can impact their players life. Now here’s where I’m stuck:

In my game, players can be born in different countries, and these countries include the middle east, and it includes one country such as Afghanistan. Now terrorism is more prevalent in Afghanistan, and I want to show that fact in game, by making it a chance where you die to terrorists in Afghanistan. It would show an event, “You died to terrorism” or something. I’m not going to make it so players can take up arms and declare a Jihad, but instead be killed by one. I’m not really sure where I’m going with this but I really want to have that aspect of realism in this game, and so I have to ask.

2 Likes

For a short and simple answer, personally I’d say no.
You can read more in-depth here though:

1 Like

Visually? No.
Textually? i dont know.
i’d say; You’re better off calling it something else, just to be safe.
But; there isnt anything in the screen depicting Terrorism, so i am not sure.
It’s just text anyway.

1 Like

I think it’s just best to err on the side and not do anything like that on Roblox.

It could give some people trauma if they’ve been in a situation like that before.

ur literally defaming countries…so dont

If u think thats how jihad works…im sorry for ya
That isnt islam…

Can debate all day

the title of this post sounds like something i would see on the devforumtxt twitter account

2 Likes

Short answer: it may be fine but as soon as someone DSA’s it for terrorism it’s over

Here you go, from the direct community standards page;

Terrorism and Violent Extremism

Roblox has a zero tolerance policy for content or behavior that incites, condones, supports, glorifies, or promotes any terrorist or extremist organization or individual (foreign or domestic), and their ideology, or actions, including:

• Depictions of or support for terrorist or extremist attacks
  • Depictions of or support for the leaders or representatives of terrorist or extremist organizations
  • Sharing the slogans, images, flags, manifestos, or icons of terrorist or extremist organizations, either in whole or in readily identifiable part
  • References to the ideologies, messages, or strategies of terrorist and extremist organizations
  • Expressing support, condoning, or glorifying terrorist extremist ideologies or actions
  • Recruiting membership for a terrorist or extremist organization, or encouraging others to leave Roblox to find such information
  • Fundraising for terrorist or extremist organizations, people, or supporting groups
  • Expressing support, condoning, or glorifying mass shootings and other acts of domestic terrorism or violent extremism

Doubt it, probably even maybe not 17+ games only.