Is text filtering REQUIRED for ALL players?

Disclaimer: Please let me know if this is in the wrong category, I didn’t really know where to put it. :grimacing:

Hello All!

I know this is going to come off as a probably “obviously no!” question, but I decided to give it a shot anyways - Could you not filter pieces of text for trusted and/or specific players? I know this is quite confusing so let me get you an example of what I’m trying to say.

Example:

I’m in development of a game in which it involves filtering strings for all players, even moderators, administrators, and owners of the game. I was wondering if it would be allowed for in-game admins+ or specified people to not have filtered strings for the public. The reason I ask, is that sometimes the Chat-Filter API and methods sometimes filter random things that don’t have harmful intent (Ex: C7RN :arrow_right: ####), even when a moderator is trying to help. It sometimes gets a little frustrating trying to help a player only to find that the long paragraph you wrote explaining everything, gets tagged for no reason.

I haven’t seen a topic that successfully answered my question, so I decided to ask here. The specified people that would not get their messages filtered would be trusted and experienced enough to not abuse the system, so would it be allowed? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Right now, all players are required to go by the chat filter if they are doing anything through strings.

However, I believe the recent RDC conference, they introduced game ratings. I assume this will come with less intensity of the filter depending on the age rating.

2 Likes