Is the Automatic Text Translation feature out yet?

I saw a post from February 2021 about Roblox testing automatic translation of strings in Roblox games in different languages.
I looked on the configure localization page and didn’t find any feature along the lines of “Automatic Translation,” only automatic text capture and such.

Its been almost a year since their DevForum post. Am I the only one who doesn’t see this? When will it be rolled out?

1 Like

I don’t think so, I was making a chat that could do this, automatically Translate messages, but someone told me Roblox was making something like that. I have no idea when it is coming out, but I am waiting for it also.

The feature is out but you’re misunderstanding what it does. It’s autotranslation for in-game UI elements, not the chat. They’re testing something like that but I personally am praying every day that it does not come out because if it does and it’s just like the auto translator for games, it’s going to be a god awful game of telephone with the addition of translating the same text in google like 10 times while you’re at it.

2 Likes

How do you auto translate the automatic text captures?

You just toggle a thingy in the settings and it does it all for you.

1 Like

What is the thingy in the settings called?

Normally, I would just tell you to go search on your own but since I am feeling like being nice to people here, picture below

This is not auto translating. This is manually capturing the strings so you or someone else can translate it. The post is about the auto translating, which is not enabled for the vast majority of people; only a few top devs have acces.

2 Likes

That is what I said in my original post. Ain’t my fault that the OP still misunderstood it.