Is the price right for this commission?

Hi, I am currently doing a map commission.

• Map size is 700x700 studs
  • Poly style (I’m not sure how to differentiate poly builds so idk, would appreciate if you help me lol)
  • Some builds are only exterior but several important buildings have interior
  • Built from scratch by my own (solo commission)
  • Extra details for the whole map such as roads, street lamps, trashcans and etc…

I am a builder who is working alone on this commission on my first build I got paid for 200 per building

Then for the cafe build I said that I’ll charge 250 for the whole build including the interior

This is what the bedroom looks like for his own house, this is a 2 story house which includes a kitchen and a living room. As of now I am still clueless on how much should I price this

This last build isn’t included on the map commission! but someone wanted to buy this restaurant/bar build, I would say that this is a detailed build but I suck at pricing so I wanted to ask more experienced builder for the right price.

Thank you so much for reading until the end and I appreciate your help!

13 Likes

No, these prices are far too low. Each cartoony build should be 300-500 Robux each.

The cafe build should be 700-2,000.

As for the restaurant/bar build, that can cost 5k+ Robux.

9 Likes

Oh… well I pretty much low balled my builds.

But is it alright to price higher even tho I’m just a new builder? I don’t think the client would like to pay more than the said price cause I’m not someone who’s a fast builder and known.

I also asked some experienced builders on DC about my builds and one builder said that:

• The first 3 poly buildings are good for 200 per build
  • 200 for the cafes/restaurants than just add 5 robux per table/chair
  • The restaurant/bar is good for 600 - 800 max

I just pretty much followed what they said cause they have been building longer than I do, I guess it’s better to ask here than on DC lol

2 Likes

Yeah the person on Discord definitely made them too low.

I usually price builds on the quality of them, not on how popular the builder is.

4 Likes

The prices should be at least increased to 4x the amount they currently are. I believe you are being under paid.

3 Likes

This is stuff that front page games want! If you meet up with a small game dev that will pay hardly anything, then just write them a polite message explaining you only request higher pay.

But the cafe should be like 50k Robux. I realized I did scam myself by paying 80k for some armor, but it was definitely worth it. It’s just a learning experience.

2 Likes

Whoa that’s crazy low. I’m not a fan of low poly buildings so I wouldn’t buy the first (I think it’s worth $15 though), but if I were to make a café game and if you charged me $50 Canadian for the café, I would agree and pay. The bedroom is also worth $15 and the street on Paris just for the building is worth +$60, maybe even $100.

3 Likes

Definitely not $15 for the first one. It’s kind of weird on how high the pay should be for this stuff, but the first one should be around 25 Robux. I know that sounds super high, but when you own a game that makes 100k Robux a day, then you’ll understand.

2 Likes

Well I just started last month and working with big clients scares me lol I don’t want to disappoint them and ruin my image before I even get a chance to create one.

The client actually approached me first on Discord because I’m still clueless on commissions and stuff, it’s also my first commission.

The actual final price we actually decided on was 5k for the whole map no extra or anything just solid 5k and I thought at first it’s alright because I’m a new builder and it’s my first commission and also because the builders on Discord said that the prices that the client offered is fine and up to the quality of my builds.

I’m just kinda sad that I lost such profit over this big project/commission

1 Like

Also that one big client who claims to have worked on developers of a known horror game was looking for a builder and approached me but I refused cause I got scared that I might not meet their standards

2 Likes

That’s a very bad move. If you don’t meet their standards then you don’t meet their standards! They’ll probably just politely refuse your build. You could’ve made hundreds of dollars in real cash.

1 Like

From the builds I’ve seen, you seem very skilled for a new builder. I recommend building a portfolio so you’ll have a good chance of landing a job that pays real cash. I don’t think there’s anything to be sad about, you’re learning through the process after all and you get to put it on your portfolio. Also I think you should get back in contact of the developers of the known horror game and give it a shot. What is there to lose?

1 Like

I actually have a portfolio and thank you for your kind words it really helps because I was really disappointed at the lost but as what you’ve said I’m still in the learning phase.

And I agree that I should just keep going and think of this as a lesson because experiencing it from the start will help me to avoid it in the future.

Thank you!

1 Like

I made a map which had a bunch of mansions I made without interior I was given 5k for each mansion which I thought at first was a bit much but they said its nothing so in reality you shouldn’t as a starter developer, the safe way to play this would be to not give any price suggestion because people can accept it with you not knowing how little of a price it can be.
I used to do free of charge commissions which the dissatisfaction in no money caught up with me and I didn’t feel like developing for a year so if your going to charge a price then make sure its a fair deal.

1 Like

250 each is fine with no interior but with interior maybe 500 each and cafe 650. Great work btw!

1 Like

quality and quantity matter a lot in when pricing anything it doesn’t matter if you are just starting out or you have been free lancing for years price is based on quality and quantity. Your current price is far too low. You are pretty talented so don’t let people under value your work. :confused:

1 Like

I think your prices need to go up severely. You are being underpaid for such high quality work and that isn’t really fair on you to be honest. You should start charging way more as these buildings defo are not worth 450 robux.

1 Like

Do you guys have an idea how much additional should I ask? Because we agreed on 5k for the whole map including everything in it.

Sorry if I come off a bother to you guys, I want to ask for extra payment because I think it’s reasonable to do so.

@Iavendrs @Spa_rkk @RefusalMan @Crazedbrick1

1 Like

I would ask for another 500 to not push the budget.
I would recomend with later works to figure out a better price before

1 Like

I’d suggest asking for an additional 1,000 or more.

If they don’t want to, i’d just go for 500.

1 Like