Is the song Coffin Dance Copyrighted?

Today I was looking at some good audio to put in my Roblox game when I saw the Coffin dance song. The audio is really good for my Roblox game but I have one problem.

A while ago, in September, I was putting in the Coffin Dance song in ANOTHER Roblox game. Royale high.
It works like the boombox or a radio game pass just like in any other Roblox game. You go to the roblox.com audio library and copy-paste the id in the link.
When I entered the copy-paste link, it said removed for copyright in brackets and I couldn’t hear the song.
I am really worried that I am going to get in trouble with ROBLOX for putting this song in my game. So far, I have read other similar topics to this post and they say It must be copyrighted-free.

I know this has been asked many times. (Sorry for the spam) but how exactly are we supposed to tell which audios are copyrighted?

The audio was still named coffin dance in the website here. It isn’t named removed for copyright and I could still hear everything when I press the play button and everything was still there. It was last updated on Jan 03, 2021.
I have also previewed it in Studio while viewing the output and there are no errors or anything there either. Is there a website or something else I need to look into? There are no inappropriate lyrics because it is more of a sound/ music rather than a song with lyrics.

PS: Please tell me where to look into if there is anywhere to or do something to the song so I won’t have to go through this issue again.

Thanks for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.

1 Like

Yeah it’s copyrighted. If a copyrighted audio hasn’t been taken down yet it normally means the owner of the song hasn’t seen the audio yet while searching for pirated songs.

You can tell if a song is copyrighted if you’ve heard it before. Not even kidding. The only exceptions are if you heard the song specifically as royalty-free or it’s hundreds of years old. Certain remixes may also qualify. Otherwise, name any song and it’s probably copyrighted.

APM Music, which Roblox provides for us, actually is copyrighted but we have a license to use it.

1 Like

If you search the song on youtube and look in the description, under it should show the title of the song, the artist, and who its owned by if it’s copyright. If not, it may not be copyright.

1 Like

Today I read your reply an I searched all over YouTube for the song. There are many similar uploads like coffin dance meme and the coffin dance Oof song but I don’t see any title underneath. Does it mean it’s copyright-free?

Coffin dance isn’t the actual name of the song. It’s Astronomia by Vicetone. (And yes, it has the title)

I find that strange. Earlier, in royale high, the song coffin dance was copyrighted but not Astronomia? Normally I feel that the original version would be copyrighted rather than a remade/ remix etc. Also, I probably need to be careful next time, I didn’t see the title because I was on mobile. Thanks.