Is there a discord webhook character limit?

Hey! :slight_smile:
So I’m making a system in which when a player joins it will grab their location and other info about their game data at the time and every 30 seconds it will store this value. Once they leave the game ALL of these values recorded for every 30 seconds they’ve played will be spit out onto a webhook. These can get pretty massive especially if someone plays for like 8 hours straight which is obviously possible.
If someone has been playing in the same server for like X amount of hours I will most likely force them to rejoin to avoid some of these logs getting too big.

These logs can be used to prevent data loss and framing others and solve a variety of issues that may come up on the release of the game
Anyway, my question is: Is there a character limit? Or is what I am trying to achieve possible and reasonable? If not please suggest alternatives if you have any!

(P.S I have a queue system so I wont get rate limited.)

there is a 2000 character limit for a discord webhook

1 Like

Ah, tysm!
Would there be any potential workaround for the system I’m going for?
I mean I guess the best way would be to just send it every time it gets close to 2000 characters.

I’m not sure about a workaround, but you could send it when it gets close to 2000 as you said to try to work around it. I’m not all that good with webhooks myself :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Alright, I suppose I will do that as it seems like the most probable option.
Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

i would like to warn you dont send to many messages through a webhook

You can always separate the long string and send them individually, and like the above person said you may need a cooldown to ensure stability of the webhook

While this is true, you can send a 2000 character message or 10 embeds at once.

I have a queue system so I wont get rate limited.

I said what i said as for this post by another dev forum member Discord Integration: A guide on using Discord through Roblox [UPDATED] - #8 by Repotted

I researched that and it seems as long as I have a queue to not bypass the rate limit I should be fine.