Is there a problem with using free shading on clothing?

Hi! I made a suit today, and I wanted to sell it on discord to someone since I do not have premium, and they said they would only offer 10 robux because I use free shading. I don’t think there is a problem with using free shading if you don’t know how to make your own shading template. What are the community’s thoughts on this?

this is the suit showcase:

Showcase

3 Likes

From experience, several people prefer not to have free shading on their clothing as it makes them seem they are using free assets which comes across as unoriginal. It also makes it seem you’ve put in low effort not to try and attempt your own shading.

This is why most designers tend to shade using their own techniques and receive more robux. You can learn through contacting designers like myself or on YouTube.

If you want to continue using the free shading template, feel free to do so, but do expect to have to put a lot more detail if you’re using free shading.

If you’d like help with shading, I’d be happy to help.

8 Likes

If you’re making clothes for yourself it should be okay, but if you’re selling clothing designs, it’s unfair to other designers if you, someone who uses a free template, earn the same amount as a designer who spends hours on their 100% original work. You also shouldn’t be selling clothing with a free template unless the template creator gave permission for others to profit from it.

2 Likes

Thanks! I would love your help. I use pixlr e, and I’ve only been designing from like the end of 2020. I would fully appreciate your help. My discord user name: ExpiredMilk#6579

1 Like