Is there a way for a server script to create a billboard Gui that only specific players can see?

I am currently making a game its a round base game, and I want to make a server script to make a Billboard Gui but only specific players can see it. Is there a way for me to make it to avoid exploiters who can just use tools to check the Workspace and see who has the Billboard Gui? Or I really need to just use a local script with a while loop to check if he is one of the specific players.

Use a remote event to tell the client using event:FireClient(). Exploiters won’t be able to see other clients local data, so it will be exploit proof. When you fire the client you can send the client all the information about the billboard Guy like the name, size, color etc. If you have any questions on how to do that I can explain more thoroughly.

2 Likes

Oh so it was just that simple thank you so much I had this kind of Idea for so long but I had no idea on how could a server script run like a local script I thought there is no other option but to use while loop using a local script I din’t know that I could just use event:FireClient().

1 Like

Yeah and then in a local script do:

local event = -- define the remote event
event.OnClientEvent:Connect(function(--parameters here)
        --then make the billboard gui here.
end)

I have to go, good luck with your script! I can help you more later if you need.

1 Like

Ok, thank you so much you helped me a lot.

1 Like