Is there a way that I can make this game more engaging?

Hey!

So I’ve been working on this game in my spare time, and I’m trying to figure out how to get consistent player counts like I have with past projects. Any suggestions?

Game link:
https://www.roblox.com/games/5762687272/NEW-Warrior-Games?refPageId=617e8658-bcc6-4090-8094-fc627e38854e

The core of the game AND ITS STYLE is too simple. The biggest issue with creation is usually that it’s too much for the player to handle, but this is just too simple. Let me go through what I mean:

• Choose a style; low poly? semi-realistic? old-school style? The game is just a bad mix of all three. Stick to one so it isn’t so noticeable when an extremely detailed car is next to a very basic building next to a semi-realistic silo.
  • Update the UI; The UI should have animations. You should color code it and roundify it. I love the simplicity of categories, that is perfect, but the design itself should be more advanced.

• Have more to the maps: You should have bigger maps so more people can play and gameplay is more complex. The maps should have more crevices for people to hide out in, and attack from.

• Make gameplay more complex: Innovate new ideas. Not just game modes, but maybe different things such as health drops when you kill someone? Power ups? In a shooter game the amount of gameplay would be just right, but because this is more melee based, there has to be more than just finding a player and stabbing them.

• Keep it leveled enough: A common mistake is allowing the experienced players to have too much power. With swords make sure the best can’t easily defeat the worst. Level the playing field a bit.

This has great potential, just work on unifying the game and adding more complexity. Good luck! As I recommend to all devs, be sure to plan out your games and updates. What do I mean? Use a template like this one:

2 Likes