Is There A Way To Change Texture Color Like A Decal?

Ok so I make this Leaf for example, but I want to know can I Change the color in Studio so I only need to upload 1?

Ok you know that we can change the texture color that on decal in a part. but I don’t know how to change the color of a texture that is in a Mesh Part

If we can change the color, change the tress leaf (for example) will be much more simple.

3 Likes

You can’t change color of texture on mesh parts. You can only make tons of textures with various colors.

1 Like

Yes if u make the color map a little transparent in a photo editor or use an ao map

but still u ll not get super result instead just change hue in photo editor

1 Like

To make the answer more comprehensible and not so stroke inducing to read:

No. You can not change the colour of a texture (Mesh TextureID) or surface appearance of a meshpart.

You will have to edit the texture to your desired colour in an image editor.

3 Likes

Well I guess The only way for now
edit the color and upload one by one?
Good thing My leaf pack still useful.
The reason I post here is " Someone may know abnormal way?"

I hope Roblox will add one like the one in decal soon.

2 Likes

You’ll have to edit the texture in some editor, then throw it back into roblox. You cant change it like you showcased, as its a mesh/surface appearance.

2 Likes

Yeah that is what I am doing for years , like you can see in the Video ( The leaf is my, Testing leaf ).
I wish someone may know the way. even yes that Button does not exist, that is why I post here.
But ok I get it, even I ask here people will only say. We can’t because the only way is make new one with different color . Thanks for the discussion.

well then I hope Roblox will add that feature, in the future.

1 Like

Would be nice if we could do so without having to redo a material with an alpha transparency. We can do it with decals and other image based properties, but not the surface appearance? Studio seems to always find ways to be more frustrating the longer you stick with it.

2 Likes

So unfortunately, they’re right, meshparts are not changeable in terms of color, but I’ve used a trick to get around that: normal meshes. If you use a part and put a normal mesh on it, you can just copy over the mesh ID and texture ID. From there, you can use the VertexColor property under the mesh to change the color, though its not RGB like normal, you kind of have to mess with it to get the right color. This is what I used to make my autumn trees different colors without re-uploading all the leaf textures again.

3 Likes