Is there a way to convert a RBXM file to regular folders, scripts, etc?

I was thinking about making a plugin for myself that would be able to get RBXM files from the cloud, and then import them into Roblox studio. The problem is that I’m unsure where to start, nor is it even possible to do? If it’s not, then that sucks, but if it is, can someone explain how?

1 Like

Rojo syncs projects from files and folders into studio
https://rojo.space/docs/

rbxlx-to-rojo exports studio codebases to normal system folders and files

1 Like

When I meant by regular folders, scripts, etc, I meant roblox folders and scripts, though I guess I could use that if I need to, but it appears that it only works with rbxlx files (judging by the name)

Edit: Just tested, it seems like it works for the other file types, but there doesn’t seem to be a Linux version

If you have the asset ID, you can load a model directly using GetObjects:

local model: {Instance} = game:GetObjects("rbxassetid://12345678")
1 Like

I know that the GetObjects function exists, but I don’t think it’ll work with an RBXM file that’s on a cloud service like Github

1 Like

Did some searching and found this: Roblox Model File Decoder

Also, just going to mention this: You can import files into studio with StudioService’s PromptImportFiles function, then read the file as a string.

Just make sure you don’t break TOS

Yea I did figure out that you can import files via that function, but that behavior wasn’t really the type of behavior that I was looking for

On the other hand, the resource you provided is what I need, thanks