Is there a way to improve ProximityPrompt's?

I have a ProximityPrompt. And the range is set to 30 studs. But even though I come in range, if I move my camera around slightly in certain ways (still facing towards the part) the prompt goes away and comes back randomly depending on my camera angle. And even when I’m directly in front of it, the prompt only sometimes shows up. Any ways to improve this?

That’s because it’s checking if the camera is 30 studs nearby the prompt, not your character position.

You can make it’s range infinite, but toggle the Enabled property if your character is in close range. Also, if you want the prompt to only show if you’re looking at it, you can set the RequiresLineOfSight property to true.

This obviously has to be in a local script, so the proximity prompt is only shown to the nearby player.

Enabled is already toggled. And my camera is in range. It’s just if I move my camera around, it goes in and out of being accessed.

Can you show a video or GIF that shows the problem with the proximity prompt?

https://gyazo.com/d093e52025589e6c47ade34271e4faef (Barely shows half the time, even when I stand/place camera right in front of it)

Is the RequiresLineOfSight property enabled?

Yes it is
//////////////////////////

I would disable it as that is probably your issue that the rig parts are in the way from the prompt showing nice and clearly

2 Likes

Yeah, this. When RequiresLineOfSight is enabled, anything potentially blocking the camera from directly viewing the part where the prompt is will prevent it from appearing, more so when far away. This happens on characters, so the only two solutions is either to disable line of sight, or to make a part infront of the character with the prompt inside.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.