Is there a way to make the player's camera better when we change its size?

Hello!

I am currently “playing” with R15-resizing and I need to resize a character to gigantic size (80x the size of a normal character) for a project.

Problem: The Camera of the giant character is quite glitchy…

1. The Camera can get in the giant player’s head.

2. The Camera isn’t centered to the player’s head, but rather to its mouth

(closest you can get to see the character before you go into the first person, as you can see, we can see it’s beard (Yes, I already have a Santa outfit.)

3. The Camera’s un-zooming FOV is small.

Is there a way to fix those problems, and if yes, how?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Have you tried increasing the max camera zoom as the player’s size increases aswell?

1 Like

I don’t really know that much about Camera, how can you do that?

Maybe this will help:

Note that setting that the minimum and max camera the same will actually set the player’s “zoom” to that distance.

1 Like

Thanks, solves one of my issues. Any idea for the two other ones?
Wait, I think this fixes two…

Which one out of the three is still an issue?

1 and 2. Unless you know a way to get the player’s currentzoomdistance.

This should work for finding the current zoom of the player (found this somewhere on the devfourm)

workspace.CurrentCamera.CoordinateFrame.p - player.Character.Head.Position).magnitude

This is where a found that, it’s a bit old but it still might work

*“Coordinate Frame” in the code is Cframe!

1 Like

-1 Problem, one problem left, that problem is that Camera isn’t centered correctly, but I think I can just insert a part at the position on the head and set the Camera Subject as that part. Thank you a lot. Which post do you want me to mark as the solution?

CoordinateFrame also works, both work for Camera I think.

(Coordinate frame and cframe are the same thing) An alternative to finding the player’s current zoom distance is to divide the player scale by some number and set the cameramaxzoom to that (Also it doesn’t matter which post you mark as the solution, its your post😀) Have a great Day!