Is there a way to scale the frame for my part more easily?

I created this sort of platform/part for an obby I’m making. This part has a sort of frame made out of a few parts that go around it. I often find that I have to scale this part for other stages of the obby. For this I have to scale the center pieces one by one to fit the size I want, scale the other parts and frame parts, as well as move some of them too, and ungroup them regroup everything in order to center the the origin. This process can take at least a minute if it’s a small change, but can take a few if it’s a bigger change to all directions. I’m wondering if there’s some sort of easier way to do this, and if not, I might have an idea for a feature in Roblox Studio.

This is what my typical platform looks like, the darker parts being the frame:

1 Like

Use selection boxes

selectionbox

2 Likes

Selection boxes don’t look the same. They stand out from the surface of a part and lighting doesn’t affect them. Overall it just doesn’t look the same, it just appears as an outline compared to an actual part.

Not sure if I am understanding this correctly, so I apologize if I understood wrong.

I believe the solution is to group the object and using the F3X plugin that you can apply the length of your object to your increment that applies all objects selected either as a group or not and applies the same effect one by one as long as their orientations are right. You can also use resize on both sides or either apply changes globally, locally or either based on last selected object.

1 Like