Is there a way to send a model to another server?

I am creating a game called Formia (a platformer game)

I am adding a system where people can make their own levels, it goes into the “custom games” tab, and other people can independently play them by creating a new server. Simple, right? No. The first source I came around to is DevForums, and so I looked up how to transfer model from server to server. [It didn’t end up well] I don’t know if this has anything to do with TeleportService or MessagingService.

You could use:
https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/function/InsertService/LoadAsset

Publish your model to roblox and then use the AssetId to insert it into the game.

1 Like

The thing is, the building system is not in studio, it’s in the actual game. I mean if I could transport a player-made model into another server.

1 Like

Yes basically use serialization. This works only for parts and decals. Type in serialization and grab the Module of roblozDev put a script as a parent, and then you can make a remoteevent that gets triggered and send player name so…

local Module= require(Script.Module)

Local remoteSaveModel = game:GetService(„ReplicatedStorage”).remoteSaveModel

remoteSaveModel.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(player)
Local saveModelModel = Instance.new(„Model”)
For i,v in pairs (player.Character:GetChildren()) do
If v.Class=„Part” then

Local vi = v:Clone()
vi.Parent= saveModelModel

end
end

Local encypteddata = Module.Encode(saveModelModel)

end)

Then you upload this one long string to database since u cant upload array when u join the new server you read the database and decode using same module and give directory and it will create the parts exactly How they was

2 Likes

I didn’t know you could do that in studio, thanks!

I recommend instead of using some 3rd party module (which has limitations), that you instead learn about how serialization/de-serialization works.

Here’s a useful tutorial which may help.

2 Likes