Is there a way to send an http request directly to a Roblox game?

I am currently wondering if I can send HTTP POST or GET requests to a Roblox game and have a script in it that handles the requests, is this even possible?, if it is, how do I go about setting it up, if it isn’t, what alternative can I try?
Thanks

It’s not possible. Roblox public game servers can’t handle any custom requests. You can try using Roblox APIs although it probably won’t be what you want.

I was hoping that I would be able to send data from one game to another, thanks for confirming it is not possible

1 Like

You can use a polling method which sends a request to your API endpoint checking for new data every x seconds.

To send data from one game to another you can use TeleportService (although this will teleport the player too), or make a web server, from 1st game make post request with data to it and then make get request to the server from 2nd game to get the data.

1 Like

Wait, I thought it was only from 1 place to another, can the TeleportData parameter actually be sent accross games as well, if so, please tell me how, and yes, I don’t mind the player being teleported as this is exactly what I needed.
Second method is what I am trying to make currently but First one would solve my problems easier

You would have to try it yourself. I don’t see anything in the docs about this, so maybe it’s possible.

1 Like

Thank you, I will, if not, I will continue making the 2nd suggested method work

1 Like

Sorry for the bump, but…
It is very possible to do this, roblox even implemented this.
Try using Messaging Service!

Here is a guide to answer your question.

2 Likes

He said “game” and not “server”, looks like that infact is still impossible :frowning: