Is there a way to unbind/disable the backspace to unequip tools?

As of now, pressing Backspace causes the player to unequip the current tool they are holding. Despite disabling the core GUI for the backpack, players can still unequip tools using Backspace which causes a magnitude of problems, I tried creating my own tool system where the weapon is welded onto the players arm but this just causes even more problems. Is there something that I must do to disable the backspace to unequip or unbind something?

5 Likes

I don’t think there is a way to do that. I don’t think you can change the game’s default keybinds in general.

Tool.CanBeDropped = false

I thought that might help but it doesn’t fix the original problem of the player being able to unequip it back to their backpack :frowning: thanks anyways.

I believe this post might help you, its semi-hacky but I’m pretty sure it works:

2 Likes

It’s unequipping, not dropping.

As far as I know, I don’t know but I think you could actually touch the player control scripts. It should be added by default to the player object. Check all the modules and pinpoint which one to tamper with.

Dammit, someone posted faster above.

1 Like

I will look into this, thanks.

1 Like

This question was literally asked yesterday. Please search first before asking.

There is no way to disable backspacing with tools because it’s hard-coded to tools. This is typically why users opt to develop pseudotools and script everything up themselves (informally, toolless tools): they have more control over behaviours, such as backspacing.

@Operatik

Won’t do anything. Backspace is hardcoded to tool backend.

3 Likes

i usually don’t like using roblox default backpack and tool system and code my custom ones, it gives 100% control. but other than that i don’t think you can change the backspace keybind

It seems roblox has removed Backspace as a tool unequipping