Is there an API to check if a Roblox user has Premium membership without them being in the server?

Just trying to figure out if there is any way to check for a player’s premium membership.

You can use Player.MembershipType.

1 Like

Yes, I’m aware of that. But that is only accessible when player is in game. I want to check a player’s membership status even when they are offline.

1 Like

I don’t think there is one. Unless a clever someone has a trick to get it anyway…

I’ve made a little update on your title to more accurately reflect what you’re asking since MembershipType would solve this but you’re looking to get a user’s Premium status if they’re not in the game which requires something different.

The PremiumFeatures API has what you want. You will be using /v1/users/{userId}/validate-membership for this. Simply substitute the Userid in for {userId} and you will get back a boolean indicating if the user is subscribed to Premium or not.

2 Likes

I tried that but it throws out Trust check failed error.

This occurs because you cannot send requests directly to the Roblox domain from a game server because of self-DDOS concerns. You require a proxy. Specifically, substitute all instances of roblox.com with rprxy.xyz.

1 Like

Yep, I tried using that proxy as well, not working.
Here’s the code:

local HttpService = game:GetService("HttpService")

print(HttpService:GetAsync("http://premiumfeatures.rprxy.xyz/v1/users/896723589/validate-membership"))

Oh, that’s interesting. I tested it directly from the API page, not in Roblox. In that case, this will not work, and I’m not aware of any other methods at the moment. Sorry about that.

You can send an HTTP request to the person’s profile (via a proxy), and scrape the source for the “Premium” icon on the profile.