Is there an way to add a client sided blur effect?

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I want to make an loading GUI, with an blurred background, I know I can put a blur effect in the lightning, (context, so basically you touch a button, and a gui telling you that the level is loading pops up, with a blurred background, looks mostly the same as the Gameplay paused for loading screen) but when I put a Blur Effect and enable it when a player touches the brick, Blur Effect enables for everyone on the server. Basically long story short, I want to make a one client sided blur background GUI effect.
  2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    As stated above, when I put a Blur effect in the lightning, a certain player touches a brick, and the loading gui with the blur effect in the background turns on for that player (as intended) , but actually, the blur effect turns on for everyone on the server

• What the player who touched the teleport pad sees. (Intended)

• What other people on the server also see. (Not intended)

1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    Tried finding stuff, but not releated to this problem, and nothing is helping. If someone is able to send me a link with a solution on another post that has the same problem on the DevForum that would be awesome!
1 Like

Always do UI-related stuff on the client. You can enable the blur on the client too (from a LocalScript) and this won’t appear for other players.

6 Likes