Is there any possible way to prevent players from looking through transparent objects via camera angle?

I believe this changed when Roblox updated their smoother camera zoom a few years back. Don’t understand why they had to give players the ability to look through transparent objects via camera angle too. Players are able to press buttons through objects and it just defeats the purpose of a window.

Any way to stop this? Other than making the object transparency <2?

2 Likes

Is this what you mean?

Edit: I re-read the post and realised this is not what I thought lol.

Forcing first person is usually the easiest way to go, or use a prox prompt and enable line of sight.

1 Like

Here’s a better example of what I mean. I’d like to put an end to this without forcing first person

It’s such an inconvenient update for developers no idea why they did it

1 Like

Try using raycasts to verfy that player can press the button and theres nothing between them.

1 Like

I think I’ve found a solution to this. Instead of having the smoother zoom in/zoom out Roblox currently implemented is there any way to enable the old zoom?

1 Like

If this is a proximity prompt then enable “Requires line of sight”, This should work.

There is. I forgot but i think it’s like a camera property (the camera child in workspace) or a starter scripts property (like the one with the mouse lock property)

use forcefields to make the camera unable to zoomout of the object