Is there any way of make the terrain look "Low Poly"

Hello everyone!
Im working on a game with a low poly style where I really need to use terrain. The problem is that the deatful roblox terrain materials will break the low poly visual style. Is there any way of making the terrain look low poly?

2 Likes

To achieve low poly terrain, you will need 3 of 3 things.

• A 3D modeling software (blender is recommended)
  • A texture for the terrain. (devforhire has a really good texture pack)
  • A basic layout of the terrain

The first step of making low poly terrain is to model the terrain in your 3D modeling software. There are tutorials on how to do this in YouTube. After creating the terrain style of your choice, you will want to export the terrain to Roblox Studio. Once you have imported the terrain to Roblox Studio, you will want to add a texture, or change the material of your terrain mesh. After following these steps, you should achieve a nice, low poly style terrain for your next game.

I hope this helped you create your very own low poly terrain. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them.

Happy Building!

1 Like

The user is specifically asking for the Terrain option in the menu and how to make it low poly, not how to make low poly terrain using 3D models

1 Like

Yes, now I understand better after reading the question again, but there really is not a way to make the terrain low poly, so I just gave an answer that would possibly help them.

1 Like

You can replace the current terrain textures with stylized ones using the material variants.

1 Like

One possibility is exporting the terrain as an OBJ, popping it into something like blender, and setting the shading to flat while removing custom split normals data, then reexporting and putting back into studio.

This is inflexible and reimporting may be tricky due to roblox polygon limits, and you may have to decimate the mesh somewhat, and both blender and studio will probably freeze on the import/export process, but it technically “works”

1 Like

I don’t want to make that on a mesh since I will need to modify the terrain on the game so I will try changin textures. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.