Is there any way to replicate this behaviour on R6?

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I am trying to detach the HRP from the player on R6 without the glitchiness, just like it’s possible on R15. To do that I am disabling/removing the RootJoint. It’s important for an ability I am making in my game

2. What is the issue?
    Disabling RootJoint on R15 works as expected, however on R6 it is very buggy.
    Video showcase

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I have tried to create a fake HumanoidRootPart in place of the detached but it did not work.

Try activating CanCollide on the torso to prevent yourself from falling through the ground. This can be done by listening to whether the root value is changed.

1 Like

I did that in the video
It still is very buggy and if I stop moving I fall to the ground which makes me unable to move at all until I jump and you can see what happens if you jump

If I’m correct about this, it looks like the value is being changed on the client side. Create a remote event to let the server know the torso will become CanCollide. If it doesn’t work, then I am out of luck for this one.

1 Like

I am doing that in my original game so it doesn’t change anything, thank you for answering

No problem, just check to make sure your game allows remote event access just in case you might forget to turn that on. It’s located in the game settings.