Is there any way to store Unions in the DataStoreService?

Hello! So, I’m making a game about cutting parts (using SubtractAsync), making them a work of art. Through, I don’t know if is it possible to store Unions in the DataStoreService, so I can save players’ models? I tried searching on the Developer Hub, through, I couldn’t find anything about this. I tried storing all the physical data of a Union object in a table so far, but it didn’t work. I can store all the manipulations in DataStoreService so I can shape a part upon loading the model, through, it would take a while to do so and wouldn’t be optimized at all.

So, is there any way to store Unions in the DataStoreService?

2 Likes

You can’t separate a Union with code, but maybe you can use raycasts to read the union mesh and save a mesh. When loading, render it with wedges.

No, you can separate parts or Unions using scripts. The issue is not in that, I already have a working cutting code, but I need to store the result (Union) to DataStoreService.

You can’t store instances in DataStoreService.

What you could possibly do is store the size, position and orientation of the parts you are using for your union and store those informations inside of a table linked to the player’s data.
Then whenever you load that table, you create new parts with the informations you had stored in the table and use the SubtractAsync() function on those new parts.

1 Like

Alright, thank you! (character minimum)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.