Is there any way to turn off Filtering enabled?

I dont really need filtering enabled in my game, so is there anyway to turn it off?

1 Like

Go to Workspace in your explorer and tick the FilteringEnabled option off.

You do need it, and no you can’t turn it off.

@JustNode that does nothing

4 Likes

Oh it’s forced? Guess not then, sorry!

May I ask why you would need to disable F.E?

When ever i use remote events and stuff like that i get spaggeti code, plus im making a singleplayer game for a friend

That’s more of a you problem, remote events aren’t the problem. If you really wanted to though, you can just compose your game entirely of LocalScripts, but say bye bye to the chances of using data stores or anything like that.

6 Likes

FE is used to keep your game safe, I wouldn’t try to turn it off, it’ll make your game vulnerable.

2 Likes

My understanding is your game can only be played by your friends if FilteringEnabled is off per an update Roblox pushed a while ago. So yeah, going without FilteringEnabled is not ideal nowadays.

Ever since I have started using FilteringEnabled, I’ve never turned back. I’d look into organizing your code through whatever needs improvement, from making use of ModuleScripts to simply structuring your code better using style guides.

Hope this was helpful.

4 Likes

You can’t turn it off, it’s forced. Changing the FilteringEnabled property in Workspace does nothing. You just need to learn how to optimize your code, and adapt to FE.

2 Likes

Why would you want to turn off FilteringEnabled?

FE is on by default, ever since Experimental Mode was removed games were automatically made to have Filtering Enabled. Turning it off won’t do anything other than give you a message on the front of the game saying that the game might not function as intended.

If you need to pass information between the server and the client, use events.

There is no way of turning it off, but you can try to simulate it.

1 Like

Even if you disable FE, it wouldn’t do anything as ROBLOX has forced FE on all games since 2017!
@NeonMarko2

This has not been the case for years. It is no longer optional.

5 Likes

Yeah, I never really went without FilteringEnabled to begin with, so I never really considered any switch. Same outcome regardless, even if the experimental mode for friends thing was still around, it would be worth the transition.