Is there any way to use gpu for rendering?

I have seen roblox only using most of cpu for rendering and gpu which is good is left aside.

6 Likes

You can add it like any other game to your GPU’s settings or control panel. Just go in the GPU settings, find the tab where you can add games, find “RobloxPlayerBeta.exe” and add it there.
But from my experience, there won’t be that much of FPS or performance increase. ROBLOX mainly uses the CPU, because it was made that way.

6 Likes

Is there any hack to confuse the file to think gpu as cpu

I don’t think so, but even if you somehow managed to trick it into thinking the GPU is the CPU, I’m pretty sure it’d break your client. The GPU and the CPU are for different purposes.

3 Likes

Oi I’m just putting this here so anyone who finds this in the future doesn’t misunderstand. Roblox like any other typical game uses the GPU for rendering and most graphical purposes. Most gpu’s also support something called PhysX or some sort of physics simulation solution. In the case where your GPU does not have, or support this, or just in general your CPU will be used for physic simulation. Your CPU is also primarily used for stuff like running scripts, basic calculations and even animations. If you’re CPU is ever being used to render while you have a GPU, then Windows considers your cpu’s integrated graphics as a discrete, or primary and it’s a Windows issue.

2 Likes