Is there any way to use roblox on windows 8?

due to the roblox Byfron update, I am not able to play roblox on windows 8. Is there any way to play roblox on windows 8? And yes, I am not able to update my pc to windows 8 due to several issues.

3 Likes

Your post is confusing me.

If I recall correctly, you can still play on Windows 8.1 if you have DirectX 11 on your system (which you should by default on 8.1). You’ll need to be running a 64-bit version of Windows to still play Roblox as well.

If you could add some more detail to your post then it would be very helpful.

1 Like

Well I’m on windows 8 which doesn’t support roblox. Is there any way to run roblox on my pc?

Update yourself to Windows 8.1 if you can.

You can do this by pressing Windows key + I > Control Panel > change view to Large Icons > Windows Update.

Unfortunately, there’s no other option you can take other than downgrading to Windows 7 SP1, or upgrading to Windows 8.1, 10 or 11.

Windows 8 stopped receiving support in 2014, and Windows 8.1 stopped receiving support in January. If you can, I’d advise you to upgrade to Windows 10 (but Windows 8.1 is faster and cooler anyways).

It gives me this error when I try to do that

You can reinstall windows entirely

(First, you need a USB key)

1. Download windows 10 ISO https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO
  2. Download Rufus https://rufus.ie/
  3. Open Rufus as administrator and select your USB stick with the windows 10 ISO
  4. Power off your computer
  5. Access boot menu (mostly spam del or F2 when starting your computer)
  6. select the usb key
  7. install windows 10

be sure to make a backup of all important files before doing this

be sure to have minimum requirements too:

• 2gb of ram
  • 1Ghz Processor
1 Like

You’re probably missing some pre-requisites for it to show up considering you’ve never installed updates.

Same happens to Windows 7 computers if they don’t have a certain update, think it’s to do with update signing

Probably you can’t for me when i had windows 8.1 it would give BSOD with error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. so it would be better if he upgraded to windows 10 or 11, i am not sure if they fixed it.

That might just be an issue with your computer. Unless OP cares about security updates and better app support, I’d advise against upgrading to 10 or 11 since their computer will run slower, plus you’re kinda forced to install updates.

first my windows 8.1 was up to date. secondly it wasn’t an issue for me only it was for most players on windows 8.1 playing roblox after the byfron update. you can just type on google: “IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL roblox”

2 Likes

Completely forgot that Windows 8 relied on the Store to update to 8.1. You’ll need to follow the instructions on this page to update to 8.1.

If you wanted to update to Windows 10, it’s pretty similar, however you wouldn’t download from that page.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.