Is there anyway I can display a camera POV in a gui?

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    Im trying to make a camera system on a tablet and I want it to display a camera POV but I also want the players camera to remain the same.

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    I can’t figure it out.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I have tried YT and DevForum

Basically Im trying to make a FNAF game where the cameras are displayed on a tablet, I have the tablet at the players camera but now i need to make it display cameras.

2 Likes

Use Viewport Frames, they allow you to set a CFrame just like you can with a player’s camera.

1 Like

I did that but it was very laggy because i needed to put my whole map in there

Unfortunately, that is kind of your only option, you should probably try optimising your map, because it shouldn’t be laggy.

1 Like

well my map is kinda big its the whole of fnaf 1, i cant rlly make it less laggy :confused:

is there any other thing i can use?

No, ViewportFrames are the only GUI camera that you can use, unless you want to resort to using the player camera.

1 Like

You can change Unions to MeshParts and/or reduce the part count.

maybe use the tablet gui to hide the whole screen so that way you can just change the camera position instead of using viewportframes

1 Like

I just didnt use a gui, i used the camera

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.