Is there anyway I can improve this?

Hey developers! I’m making this game that is a realistic hunting game, and I want to know your opinion on my build, and how I can improve.

17 Likes

That looks amazing! In my opinion I don’t think you need to change anything but than again i’m not a builder. Maybe if this lags on more low end pc’s you could optimize it? But all around it looks amazing. Good luck on your game!

1 Like

Looks very realistic, almost like it were a painting. Will you be adding a forest ambience and small details like rocks?

1 Like

This is probably the only best thing i seen on here, you don’t really need any changes to it once you get more of it can you, provide more picture on the built when it’s done…

1 Like

This is really a good looking build. It does look amazing from the angle provided, but how does it look from other angles? Just curious.

As for some constructive criticism, It would be awesome if you would be able to see roots sprawling from the trees as it would give that final touch of realism. You don’t need to, however, as the current build already looks really nice and I’d still pay to play without it.

2 Likes

Some small animals, not moving. Maybe birds?

1 Like

Very nice artistically, but in terms of lighting, are we able to see a game that better shows us the terrain, rather than exclusively showing us a silhouette view? Thanks.

2 Likes

How big is the map going to be? This looks like it’s going to be very heavy performance-wise on the average PC

1 Like

I’d actually tone it down. With animals physics, and the level of detail, it’s going to be really hard to have the game run well, plus, it seems like you put a lot of work into a small area of the map, you may burn out trying to expand, and add new content.

I don’t think it’ll be worth your time if you do complete it, as a lot of players simply won’t be able to play.

1 Like

Absolutely incredible, there isn’t really anything I’d change apart from maybe fall leaves (leaves that are on the ground, like a pile or individual ones) or flowers, and etc… to add onto the individual seasons and the feel you are going for.

Just be smart when it comes to optimization and think about the players and system you want your game to be on, and whether your builds are going to be laggy or not.

1 Like

If you are trying to make the terrain looks like it goes on forever, it kind of didn’t work.

To me it looks kind of obvious that the terrain stops there, or maybe it doesn’t. :man_shrugging:

The lighting is really good for the most part, except some areas.

The yellow arrow demonstrates how the lighting is dark, while the brown arrow represents the opposite.

The terrain with me looks unnatural with how smooth it is and all the sudden bumps. I have to agree with @StoryBased - while that is a good build, you’ve used too much detail on a small part of the map:

An article I think is very helpful: Building Optimisation | Tips and tricks!
Definitely useful if you’re using that much detail.

4 Likes

When making this I never really thought about people with bad PC’s but I took your advice here is what it looks like now.

(also sorry for not replying to everybody and such a late reply, I went on vacation and forgot about this post.)

4 Likes