Is there anyway to not have layered clothing stack?

I’m making a fashion game similar to Dress To Impress and Royale High, although, I’ve come into an issue with layered clothing. The layered clothes stack on top of each other, although, i would want it to not have that stacking ability. This would allow for players to stack items for creativity. The DevForum has very limited resources on the specifics of layered clothing, if anyone knows how to achieve this effect please let me know it would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t think so, maybe some blender, but it makes funny avatars.

Done a bunch of searching and looking thru official posts and documentation. Couldn’t find anything about disabling stacking

If it were to be via blender, how would I go about doing that? I tried just making the outer cage smaller that I normally would but that still didn’t really change much

true

charcharcharchar

I think it’s because royal high and maybe dress to impress doesnt use layered clothing. I saw another post asking the same question.

I read through this post, and got a little confused. In DTI they have a limit to 18 items. If they used the rig method which I think you mentioned, would that mean there are 18 different rigs attached to the player? It kinda sucks how there isn’t much documentation on this kinda stuff. (Or at least none that I can find.)

yes, but again that’s just a guess of mine. (it wouldn’t be 18 whole rigs, just the necessary parts. (a dress has no need for feet)

also, if you think about games with lots of enemies or npcs, 18 rigs isn’t too much, plus some of those are accessories (they don’t deform, so they don’t need a rig. They probably use attachments or welds)

(also I don’t think I’ve seen anyone use all 18)

It really could be that they can somehow attach the different meshes to the same rig but I’m not quite sure how that would be done. (I’ve never tried)