3d layered clothing like Dress to Impress

Hi! I’m curious about how dress to impress achieves its 3d layered clothing, as we all know the basic 3d roblox clothing gets layered in somewhat weird ways most times and the clothes either sit on top of each other or underneath, but dress to impress just keeps the 3d clothing in place no matter how many layers you add creating a nice effect and expanding the creativity of the players as they can remix the clothes. I really can’t understand how they get this layered clothing ( the clothes you add on top don’t keep track of other clothes you have on so they just fit to the body )

2 Likes

are we sure that the dress to impress uses layered clothing?

If it used true layered clothing I don’t see why they would limit certain items to certain genders. (pants)

I think they use rigged clothing. (but thinking about it, it doesn’t make the most sense either)

Im not sure what they used. It could be true layered clothing, just on another invisible rig.

orrr there is a layered clothing setting that I’m not aware of.

2 Likes

yeah i mean its pretty weird because the clothing doesnt stack like the usual roblox 3d layered clothing but at the same time the clothes do move with any animation the rig has, so it has to be on the rig somehow but it just doesnt behave like a normal piece of layered clothing

My guess is that it’s not layered clothing but it is weight painted and it can deform with the rig.

How they applied a different mesh to the same rig is beyond me. (It could be possible, I’ve just never seen anyone talk about it)