Is there anyway to transform a ROBLOX map into a HDRI image?

The issue is pretty simple, i want a special lobby in my game which is meant to load fast, so the map in the background will be just the sky itself.
I’ve already built what i needed into a ROBLOX map, but, is ther any way to convert it all into a HDRI image?

2 Likes

This post might be worth a look at:

What I would do is export the game map (Provided it doesn’t have smooth terrain, since it gets a bit funky when exported), and then render a HDRI externally, and follow the thread above.

1 Like

Yes, i did look at it, my problem is that i want to generate the HDRI using my ROBLOX map, is there any way to do it?

1 Like

Export your map into obj and try it that way?

1 Like

But i export it to obj, the colors and textures are toast

2 Likes

Do they appear or is it the environment (lighting)?

1 Like

I don’t know, i have no experience messing around with .obj files

1 Like

An alternative to exporting the map, could be to capture 6 1024x1024 images (Since that’s currently the max size that you can use on Roblox) from within studio, rotating the camera around a point to make sure you have all of the faces correct.

Example (I haven’t tested this yet):

Set the studio emulator to a custom 1024 x 1024 resolution with the physical scaling setting set to “Actual Resolution”. From there you’ll need to change the camera CFrame so that you get 6 angles / CFrames which can match a skybox. Then you can use the screenshot tool from within studio to take the screenshots.

2 Likes

Show me a screenshot of the exported map in your modelling software eg. Blender or Cinema4D

1 Like

blender is not able to open .obj files

1 Like

I’m sure you can, you need to import instead of using open.

1 Like

You can on both common versions of Blender, 2.79 and 2.8.

2 Likes

Blender just crashed.

1 Like

Try once more, if its still the case, then your game may be too big for your computer to handle.

1 Like

So, my map is so big that my overclocked i7 cpu and gtx 1050ti gpu can’t handle it.
;-;

1 Like

It just loaded, but it’s just a cube

1 Like

Actually nevermind, the map is right above it

1 Like

I will use this idea instead, but i will need guidance, because i’ve never built a script that changes camera positions.

1 Like