Is there some kind of ui gradient but for parts?

Is it possible to give a part a color gradient? Like the top is white, and it fades to black the farther down it goes.

1 Like

I figured it out myself, what I did was make a very short part, make it blue, put a duplicate on top of it, make it slightly whiter, repeat. The result:

1 Like

I know this has already been solved, but if you want your gradient to be more seamless, you could just use one part with a SurfaceGui, frame, and UIGradient.

Example

6 Likes

Make sure to union it or you’ll have loads of parts lol.

2 Likes

This would only cover one side, all the other sides wouldn’t be covered by the gradient.

You could duplicate the SurfaceGuis and change the Face property to cover all sides.

2 Likes

You can try to bring in to blender and get an image texture. I always use this gradient texture.

4 Likes

Wow, I just assumed surface guis only covered one face. I didn’t know there’s a property that changes the face the surface gui covers (although now that I think of it, of course there is). I’ll mark your post as the solution because it’s probably better than using multiple parts.

1 Like

what if the part is like a cylinder ?

Unfortunately SurfaceGuis can’t exactly wrap themselves on parts with curved surfaces, like cylinders. But decals do, so you can upload a gradient image and use that (just make sure your gradient image is facing the right way, as you can’t rotate decals themselves).

If you don’t like to use decals though like me, you can still use SurfaceGuis, albeit in a probably more inefficient way. You can instead make a cylinder out of several parts, and have a SurfaceGui gradient in each part, like this:

(I used the Archimedes plugin to make the cylinder, which allows you to create curves and cylinders quickly.)

The problems with this method though are that you would have to use a large amount of parts, the cylinder might not look very smooth, and you might not be able to make the cylinder very small because of part size restrictions.

1 Like