Is there some way, how to detect, that player isnt bot?

You could do a math equation or a simple question at the beginning of the game, with a countdown, if the answer is not given in that max time then the game kicks them. And of course they can’t use chat if they don’t solve it. I don’t have any other idea sincerely… depends on what bot as they behave differently…
Good luck!

2 Likes

I think, that the tutorial will be best.

1 Like

Yes, a tutorial would be nice, and if the tutorial is completed then the player can use the chat.

1 Like

I could be wrong about the way these bots are designed, but a simple solution from my perspective would be to create a simple splash screen that requires the player to use a mouse or tap on the screen to click a UI based button that just says play. Until that button has been pressed, chat is disabled. A bot, in theory shouldn’t be capable of pressing this button so they won’t be able to chat.

Simple, intuitive, effective.

1 Like

I think this severely overstates a bots capabilities.
Most bots are programmed, at least as far as I know, to simply join game, chat, leave, join new game and repeat.

A bot isn’t programmed to manipulate an other portion of game code. Because of that, just simply disabling the chat until the player presses the play button, should be more than effective in eliminating bot spam.

The issue with a complicated captcha will be younger players unable to figure it out or older players who don’t care to mess with it.
A play button mitigates even this risk.

2 Likes

I know this isn’t an easy option and almost shouldn’t be done because it would take to long or is just annoying. One method is making them go to a website verify themselves and use the reCAPTCHA then have the roblox server gather those ids that are not bots. The other method would require complicated algorithms to detect if their mouse movement and player movement is too robotic, linear, snappy, etc. These are possible but are way to much for a roblox game to implement

1 Like

Option a) also my idea, but it can be bad for new players, bec they will just play game, in that they mustnt visit third party web side
b) this is good idea, but the bot can just have some randomiser so it will have offset

1 Like

Yes, and this is where you head into the complicated sides of detecting bots. What I just said with detecting movement is pretty much what reCAPTCHA does. (reCAPTCHA also checks IPs, search history, etc) but you get the premise. Basically what I’m saying is that there isn’t an easy way to fix without doing what I said. Just try to stick to detecting chat spam and mouse movements.

3 Likes

Mistr88,

I know you don’t want to have bots visits, me too.
I have created some Verification UI, located at my Roblox inventory.

Styles

Confirm button
Click the button to enable TopBar.

Enter code
Enter the requested code said in the image.

Roblox username
Says it all, enter your username and click play.

If you have any questions, contact me.

1 Like

I think you would be able to make a quick captcha with a couple of guis and scripts. But it won’t be that easy.

2 Likes

Personally I wouldn’t worry about bots. I was about to lead that with “until your game gets popular” but now that I think about it, has there been any major problem with bots in Roblox games? Dislike bombing/visit botting will always be there because it only requires the player to join and be present in the game (no need to perform any other actions), but other than that there have been no notable issues with bots going in major games like Jailbreak, Adopt Me, etc.

1 Like

Or, you can just add random text on the screen and disable chat until the text is repeated. You could also kick the player if the text isn’t repeated in a timely manner. Another thing is that bots only send packets to Roblox to join a place, they aren’t actually using a client to join. That’s why they don’t even load their characters.

2 Likes

You can try to do your own basic captcha, and remove the ability of players to chat without completing it.
Make the player touch a button randomly placed on the screen, for example.

1 Like

Most botting softwares don’t actually run the client, and they bot the game by simulating packets of a player joining. That means no LocalScripts execute on the client, and that is why the bots usually don’t spawn in game. I would recommend adding checks to make sure LocalScripts run.

2 Likes

maybe something like account age and like badges

This probably is an old post, but I have created something like reCAPTCHA in order to prevent bots.

You can try out yourself :slight_smile:

it will do everything automatically.

• it will disable any gui that is enabled but itself
  • when the key has been confirmed it will enable the guis that have been disabled
  • the key will be a 8 long character key, with small, big and nummbers in it.

If you’re looking for automated, don’t check account age. You can check badges, friends, groups, avatar items, and usernames for certain bot groups. There are some days where tons of bots are created, you could block those age grouped accounts but it is heavily not recommended.

You can also try to make a remote that if not fired within like 15 seconds, it kicks them and then in startercharacter/playergui make it fire that remotr which could work cuz bots dont load everything in

You could also math.random the position to make it harder.