Is there some way, how to detect, that player isnt bot?

Hi,
is there some way to detect, that player isnt bot, like google human verificationrecaptcha-1
so i can prevent bots from joining my game?

6 Likes

It is not possible to have a captcha before a person joins your game, so the short answer is no. You can however remove bot scam messages from your in-game chat if that is what you are worried about. But, they will still always be able to join your game.

4 Likes

There is already a roblox verification captcha when you sign in; therefore, it should mainly stop most of the bots anyways.

4 Likes

I can add it to loby, so bot cant join game

2 Likes

So why there are so many bots in roblox?

2 Likes

As far as I know there is no possible way to add a recaptcha to a roblox game. You could possibly add a simple random math equation, but you’d want to make sure the chat is disabled before the user correctly solves it so the bot can’t send anything.

3 Likes

Some people may have already figured out how to bypass the captcha system. I know this may be a problem but there is nothing you can do to add a recaptcha in your roblox game.

There can be other things you can add that can help get bots out of your game.

2 Likes

The loby is without chat, and i give recaptcha as example. Also, when i add just some equation, it will be just text, so the bot can also load it and solve, so useless when someone make bot exactly for my game (ok, i think, that this wont happen, but i will rather make security system, that have game totally destroyed (bec my game can be easily destroyed by bot))

2 Likes

Use image buttons and make them click one with a car or something.

2 Likes

Problem of roblox captcha is, that it have small number of images, so i think, that someone made bot, that knows them all, or at least 4/5

2 Likes

Just make your own system. You don’t have to do captcha.

3 Likes

You can have a buffer game and have manual verification where they just need to click a button then they get teleported to the real game, but I think that might just be it.

2 Likes

I also had idea to create some interactive tutorial, and they must complete it to get permission to play the game (i will save their id to datastore)

2 Likes

Here is a good method that should prevent bots from joining by kicking them.

5 Likes

Preventing bots from joining games is not something you as the developer can handle except for some ugly workarounds, so you should focus on the actual issue…

What is it that you’re trying to stop specifically? Bots only join games for a brief moment to be able to do something. Are you trying to prevent mass downvotes? Won’t happen so long as the rating system is awful. Are you trying to prevent scam messages? Use a Lua Chat System command module to prevent processing of a message if it’s comprised of certain key phrases used in scams.

2 Likes

Bots join, say their scam message and leave. You could use a Chat Module that prevents the processing of messages, sent by players who haven’t been in the current server for more than like 30 seconds.

2 Likes

@MrLegendaryDoge
@PostApproval
@Sonnenroboter
You are talking about chat messages, but I have problem with bots, that just join and fill player spot, ik, that this bot doesn’t exist now, but when someone create it, I want to make it as hard as possible to let it join battle, bec when the server fill, it will close, so potential bots are devastating.

1 Like

I don’t think someone’s going to create bots that just join and do nothing.
These’d be useless, and just a waste of time and ressources.

4 Likes

You could have an example, before the player plays the game, a UI pops up asking a simple question, if they get it right, they can continue, but if they get it wrong they get kicked.

3 Likes

Maybe it annoys the players and makes them quit the game.

2 Likes