Is this a backdoor?

I didn’t use free models in my game, but plugins are another story. I remember using gapfill, model resize, f3x, but also a 3d text plugin on the top of my head. I think these are all safe.

Strangely enough, my developer console has a [Unknown] script running in it.

No idea how it got there, and now I’m worried my game has a backdoor. Is this supposed to exist? It’s scaring me

5 Likes

I don’t think it is. I saw the same thing in my game.

Try making a new game with nothing in it and see if it’s still there.

Do you have any admin scripts in your game?

No, I was going to script my own but didn’t add it yet

Okay, well a good place to start is filtering workspace and searching for “script”. You can filter stuff by using the search bar above your explorer window.

I turned off hidden objects and searched through the whole game. Unless they slipped it somwhere obscure in roblox’s core scripts I don’t think a virus exists.

I also disabled my plugins but [Unknown] is still there when I play the game.

That’s weird, I’m not really pro at scripting but I think this is a small script for something to make the plugin work. It could just be a startup script, weirdly enough, it’s [Unknown]… Check all scripts and look for things suspicious, if you find nothing then it’s something related to the plugin, you shouldn’t worry… yet.

Those are safe plugins but make sure the creators are too. Alot of people repost plugins onto roblox after adding a backdoor to them, then bot them so people download.

1 Like

I don’t think it is, just run an empty baseplate and see if it still exists.

I think Stravant, KingAnqi, and the f3x guy are safe. Guess I was just being paranoid.

They all have high like ratio (wit hundreds of votes) but I was also worried that could be botted/faked

If i’m not mistaken, [Unknown] is meant to give you script activity/rate on scripts that are either running in the background and or they’re hidden. Its perfectly normal as I’m pretty sure every single Roblox game contains it, even flat baseplates (Though I might be wrong) Either way, I don’t think you should worry about it too much (Unless the activity is out of whack and the rate is crazy then there is something definitely wrong :eyes:)

In short, I don’t think its something you should worry about/not a backdoor.

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ve never seen the activity rate above 10 so it should be fine.