Is this a good game idea?

Basically, I’m making a shooter game called Guest vs Bacons, in which you must either be a bacon or a guest, and defeat the other team by destroying the base using explosives, and basically shoot everyone on the opposing team

Will people play such a game?

Also, would you play it? If not, why?

• I would play it
  • I would DEFINETLY play it
  • Maybe
  • I wouldn’t play it

0 voters

the idea needs a bit more stuff to it its too bland you know?

This is a skeleton idea, actually.

In order to infiltrate the enemy base, you must hack the computers around it, which will allow you to acess to the enemy base for all players on that team. Then, you must blow up the abse, granting victory

You can also kill Slender NPCs around the map, but you must be careful not to kll civillains

You may also put traps around the base

1 Like

A lot of FPS games is how well they’re made. Making a good FPS game takes a lot of programming and experience with the networking related strategies and FPS game “feel”.

The idea sounds a lot like counter strike. CS clones have done well in the past on Roblox, but that market is some what saturated.

I think that people would play your game if they got playing it, but trying to launch a game into a saturated market is difficult. Overall, it seems like a fun idea but it would be very challenging (or expensive) to make. If you plan on making this game, I would recommend trying to keep the scope of the project as small as possible (pre-made gun system, pre-made or easy-to-make assets, etc) to have the highest return for the development costs.

Generally when making game ideas, it’s important to consider the development “costs” verses the “returns”. You can define the costs and returns in a lot of different ways (for example costs could be money, time, or energy and returns could be players, fun, or money) but no matter the definition your game idea should try to optimize the return for cost. Some ways to get good return per cost are:

• Play on your strengths. If you build games make games that need good building. If you program make games that need good programming.
  • Have an audience in mind. If you make a game with no one to play it, it’s probably not going to do well. If you’re going into a saturated market, add a twist to make it different from other games and get more of that audience. If you’re going into an unsaturated market, make sure it’s actually a potential market. Make your game for your audience, whether that is a narrow audience or broad audience.
  • Try to come up with unique ideas. Most people can’t rely on being able to simply out-preform other game creators. When you make an idea, make sure it has something that makes it better than existing ideas, whether that’s a twist on a common game idea, a new theme, or a very unique game. Unique ideas are harder to make but generally have higher return if they have an audience.
1 Like

If I make the game fully melee + abilities, is it a good idea?

That would definitely be an interesting game, but good melee combat systems are very difficult to make, and abilities are very time consuming.

That’s a good twist on the CS base idea though. Maybe if it was a simple melee system and the game was made without much excess effort it would be very good.

I’m good at making abilties, and it is in fact one of my strengths.

Idk abt good melee combat, can you define what that exactly is?

And tbh, would you actually play this game if it were melee? Is it an interesting idea?

The combat system made is just a simple melee fighting system

That’s the problem, it’s really hard to know what a good melee combat system is. Usually I look at other games that have good combat systems.

It would definitely be interesting to have melee CS on Roblox. If the game is pretty fun to play I’m sure it could pull some players. It might be a good idea to pull on the CS brand though, similar to how counter blox did, but present it as CS with a twist. You could also go for a goofy/meme aesthetic with the characters and bacon hairs.

You could also go for a goofy/meme aesthetic with the characters and bacon hairs.

That’s exactly the idea for this game. Its going to be sorta goofy and aesthetic AND have memes , not like CS which is kinda gritty sometimes

ALSO, in my combat system, the players screen shakes slightly when they take dmg, and the screen turns into a red hue when they go below 30% hp. This a good idea?

1 Like

I think that this is the kind of the game that could definitely pick up some traction, but it could not be made very polished. With this kind of idea, you would need to make a game that’s functional, but not refined. The GUI should be incredibly simple, with little to no animations, and the actual game should not be made super high quality. I would not enjoy a game like this if it was made super well, because of it’s meme-like qualities.

It will not be high quality, because I actually can’t make that high quality games lol, it will be relatively simple as it is a first project. But would you mind if there was light, unrealistic blood?

I suppose you could, but it would be nice to see it without blood, considering that it’s rooted in a joke.

I would’ve definitely played this game in 2018!

Follow what you find entertaining, but shooters have high competition and such a high standard by the players. It could be difficult to gain a large popularity

Well, its a mixture of a shooter and an open world tbh, you don’t just shoot, you can also blow up houses and stuff, and rescue civillians, and undergo open world quests

Its sorta like City-8, but less gritty and more aesthetic

Would you play it now?
I sorta had this idea out of 2017-18 nostalgia lol

Okay yeah, that does sound pretty cool :slight_smile:

May I suggest some things for your game, if you want? :slightly_smiling_face:

If you make it really well polished then maybe i would

OFC, you’re more than welcome!