Is this a good tycoon progress rate?

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? A weapon arms dealing tycoon with penguins!

2. What is the issue? I am not sure if 12 button in 10 minute is too slow, Because up to this point there’s no use of any artillery or any appearances of penguins but the last button is already an increase from 0$ to 25k$, And with only 12 button I already used 2 days to develop it all.

3. What solutions have you thought of so far? Lower the prices but that will cause more work to me. Which is not an optimum solution ( in April the after exam break I only have 10 days) .

1 Like

If your game involves a lot of grinding then it’s important to introduce the grind slowly. Give the player the initial satisfaction of unlocking things, and allow them to understand how the game works. Then once they’ve got those initial items, they should be more motivated to stick around and wait for the next buttons to unlock.

I would suggest finding similar games that are successful and noting the progression timings they use.

4 Likes

I made a tycoon (not done yet, not even close) and it has about 200 buttons and 50 of which are unlocked within the first 10-20 minutes. I think its really important to have a good “hook” for the game to keep the player playing and then start the grind after they have already committed to the game for a bit. I have found quite a bit of success this way. Your welcome to check it out here Tycoon Project

1 Like

Make sure when using a thumbnail, game icon, advertisment, etc. to always “deliver the click” to the person playing. A good example would be house tycoons, they put the biggest house inside the game icon but then start off with a cardboard box.

But back to your question, make sure when having a tycoon grinding game to slowly show the player how to grind and how to play the game, and unlock enough stuff to make it interesting. After that, slowly start increasing it, similar to what @GnomeCode said. :smile:

1 Like