Is this a virus?

You most likely have a virus, Roblox doesn’t need HTTP service enabled to work and the fact that no one saw such message before and plus its asking to go to youtube or google it clearly proves that it is a virus.

2 Likes

dont do it, its probably a GUI

1 Like

I see it for the first time, but I think it’s not a virus

Uhh its hard to tell tbh. It could just be a free model that needs http to work but does nothing bad. It can also be something that’s actually malicious to be careful.

It is bad since it’s pretending to be Roblox message, it tries to trick you into thinking that Roblox requires you to enable something while it could be a virus that needs a permission to have greater freedom.

That is 100% not a message Roblox would display as Roblox would NEVER need to connect itself by allowing external request. Check to see if you have any scripts hiding somewhere and check your plugins to see if you have a malicious plugin.

How to remove backdoors from your game

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve seen something like that happen on a computer where it says “You have a virus”, but it was really just something installed.

This could be the case, as you said.

1 Like

Roblox wouldn’t tell you to search something on google/youtube. They’d tell you go to the DevForums or DevHub. 100% a virus, no doubt about it.

I can disagree with this. There are free models or scripts he got from online that need something to work but wasn’t set up properly. So they send a message to let the owner know. It also could be something bad as they used a gui instead of just sending a error in the output. You can’t actually know unless you check the script itself

Edit: Im also not saying roblox did not. Im saying the creator of the script did.

It’s the first time i see it, i’m 99% sure it is a virus that needs HTTP requests on to work, don’t do what is says if you don’t need to and also if you need HTTP requests on don’t enable them anywyas before you get this banner off your screen, maybe it wants to use loadstring to put exploits in your game. In short: don’t trust it. Anyways if you want to know if it’s a virus or not just go through every asset in the game and try to find the gui that pops up and if you do it’s a virus as roblox doesn’t need to use unlocked classes to put guis into the game. In my opinion you shouldn’t trust this as i see a team name in the picture and so roblox wouldn’t put a gui in the live game.

It’d also come in a form of a pop up, not on a GUI. This isn’t even believeable.

Just to be safe though, @smartcarman1 should verify all of plugins he has installed / uninstalled & check for backdoors.

1 Like

That’s true but in this case the script is pretending to be Roblox itself and not the thing that it really is.

Normal plugin would say something like this “You need to enable HTTP requests for the door to communicate with the Discord bot so you can use the provided commands”.

Bad plugin would say “Hey I am Roblox and you are required to enable HTTP requests cause why not”

@smartcarman1
You shouldn’t use free models or anything you found online unless you know its a trusted source or you checked the script. Find the model or script it is from to make sure it isnt a virus. If it is delete it
and report it to roblox

You also shouldn’t use random plugins if its not used by alot of people. 99% of plugins at the moment are copies of other popular plugins and have viruses in them. Make sure you know where your getting them from

I found a script in the terrain called fix that said “This script is for Roblox studio, called studio Hardware56. Removing this may cause severe damage to your game.” and had a require hidden in it, I removed that script and the gui went away, but when I closed studio and opened it again the fix script was there again.

2 Likes

You have a plugin which inserts this virus. You need to find the plugin. Try disabling all plugins and then removing the script. Then enable plugin one by one and check if the script reappears after each time you restart.

That sounds like you have a malicious plugin installed.

I checked your profile and found some of the plugins, I’d suggest you should uninstall them and remove them from your inventory (For everyone: Do NOT install these.):

Enable Bubble Chat
Load Catalog Items - Roblox
Tree Generator (NEW!) - Roblox
Kills And Deaths Leaderboard - Roblox

1 Like

If it says this, it’s a virus.

If the script comes back, it’s a plugin causing it.

1 Like

If it was me, I’d copy everything in the game but the script, and make a new game.

1 Like