Is this a virus?

I’ve never seen that before. I’d imagine it is a virus.

1 Like

Don’t think so

I’ve never seen this message so it might be a malicious script trying to make you turn on HTTPS by pasting a ui on screen.
Or you don’t actually have HTTPS requests on in game settings in studio.

I saw this before in a different game when there wasn’t an active incident, at least not that I was aware of I was able to get rid of it, but I don’t remember how.

but im in studio too and i dont see it

Probably yeah. Some things legitimately need HttpService to work, but so do malicious scripts so don’t enable it unless you know exactly what uses it. If it’s malicious then you probably got it from the Toolbox or a plugin, even front page plugins are often malicious.

Check any free models & plugins you may have. Verify their legitimacy.

And look at this.

Most likely malicious because I’ve never seen a message like this.

Has become a lot harder to check since the DisplayName update.

1 Like

You most likely have a virus, Roblox doesn’t need HTTP service enabled to work and the fact that no one saw such message before and plus its asking to go to youtube or google it clearly proves that it is a virus.

2 Likes

dont do it, its probably a GUI

1 Like

I see it for the first time, but I think it’s not a virus

Uhh its hard to tell tbh. It could just be a free model that needs http to work but does nothing bad. It can also be something that’s actually malicious to be careful.

It is bad since it’s pretending to be Roblox message, it tries to trick you into thinking that Roblox requires you to enable something while it could be a virus that needs a permission to have greater freedom.

That is 100% not a message Roblox would display as Roblox would NEVER need to connect itself by allowing external request. Check to see if you have any scripts hiding somewhere and check your plugins to see if you have a malicious plugin.

How to remove backdoors from your game

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve seen something like that happen on a computer where it says “You have a virus”, but it was really just something installed.

This could be the case, as you said.

1 Like

Roblox wouldn’t tell you to search something on google/youtube. They’d tell you go to the DevForums or DevHub. 100% a virus, no doubt about it.

I can disagree with this. There are free models or scripts he got from online that need something to work but wasn’t set up properly. So they send a message to let the owner know. It also could be something bad as they used a gui instead of just sending a error in the output. You can’t actually know unless you check the script itself

Edit: Im also not saying roblox did not. Im saying the creator of the script did.

It’s the first time i see it, i’m 99% sure it is a virus that needs HTTP requests on to work, don’t do what is says if you don’t need to and also if you need HTTP requests on don’t enable them anywyas before you get this banner off your screen, maybe it wants to use loadstring to put exploits in your game. In short: don’t trust it. Anyways if you want to know if it’s a virus or not just go through every asset in the game and try to find the gui that pops up and if you do it’s a virus as roblox doesn’t need to use unlocked classes to put guis into the game. In my opinion you shouldn’t trust this as i see a team name in the picture and so roblox wouldn’t put a gui in the live game.

It’d also come in a form of a pop up, not on a GUI. This isn’t even believeable.

Just to be safe though, @smartcarman1 should verify all of plugins he has installed / uninstalled & check for backdoors.

1 Like