Is this against the rules?

Hello fellow developers. I am making a game about prison role-play and I was wondering wether depictions of death penalty are against rules or not.

More specifically, I am planning to add to the prison a “death row” sector, execution chambers and even working execution machines like electric chairs, lethal injection tables and gas chambers. May you tell me wether this would be against the rules or not?

Thank you in advance.

Idk about the other stuff but I know that the lethal injection tables would definitely be against the ToS

2 Likes

I think you mean because of the drugs used right?

I don’t know a ton about ToS. The injections would be a huge no. I think if you put a warning in the description and in your game about that content, you should be fine. Like I said though, I don’t know much about ToS, so don’t quote me on it.

1 Like

Yeah unless you’re a big game that Roblox favors then thats definitely gonna get the game moderated

Ok, thank you for the suggestion and the reply.

The idea of a death penalty? No, but how it’s depicted might be a problem.

If you follow these you should be okay, and I agree with TheMan here and put a disclaimer in the game description. So nothing like hanging, lethal injection, or anything that deviates too closely to real world depictions of the death penalty would be a problem.

Maybe just have it be like a conveyor to an incinerator or something of the sort, just keep the limits on gore and stuff. Or you can try like a room that fills up with water and does the inevitable. Okay, it sounds worse on text but when you actually implement it, it’s not going to be as bad as what I’m saying since keep in mind, these are Lego characters being inserted into these hypothetical death penalties.

I don’t know, I tried.

1 Like

Firstly, thank you for the answer. The game is about a modern and realistic US prison, so I’d prefer real-life methods. I agree on the fact that the lethal injection would be a huge no, but what about electric chairs and gas chambers if I put a disclaimer on the game’s description and on the game’s loading screen?

Well, you can, but try not to make it too realistic. Just implement it, and make a new topic here and ask if it’s okay within Roblox standards and or ideas. Although try to deviate from gas chambers, rebrand it to something like a virus instead of a gas because that can get a little, controversial…

1 Like

Okay, thank you so much for the reply. Obviously I won’t put, for the electric chair, too much blood and guts. Just the shock and maybe a little bit of unrealistic blood.

Oh, I see what you mean.