Is this allowed on Roblox?

Hello

I have a serious question. As I have been thinking about this for awhile. I was wondering, is Hunting allowed?

What is Hunting??

Hunting is a sport, as it is an activity that you may harvest animals from Deers, to birds, so they can be used for resources to be made into meat or other purposes.

Why I’m asking this

I’m asking this as with all my years on Roblox, there has not been one experience (Game) that had anything related to hunting dear, birds or any other wild animal. As in my game I would like to make a Hunting (Gun) store for my game and possibly a hunting minigame. But I’m afraid it is against TOS for the reason that like stated before, never seen a experience related to it.

Conclusion

Thank you for your help, as I would love to know more details. If I would be allowed to have this type of sport within Roblox.

2 Likes

I believe this would be against the terms of use. Roblox is generally played by children, so encouraging harming animals in a graphic way wouldn’t go swimmingly with the moderation team.

Edit: Rule #6, “Violent Content and Gore” #1: Animal abuse and torture (though vague, I think encouraging hunting would be breaking this rule)

3 Likes

I could be wrong, but I would say that you should be fine with making a hunting game.

As long as you aren’t promoting killing animals in real life, I wouldn’t think it would be against TOS.

You could make a warning message GUI when the player loads into the game that says “We do not encourage or endorse hunting animals, and it should not be attempted in real life” or something like that.

Hey, you can make games that involve shooting other characters, so hunting is probably fine.

2 Likes

It’s a good question to be honest, But what about something like, catching the animals, instead of Hunting them (killing them) so you got no problems (If there is a problem), and also that could be a lil bit more friendly to get more players

2 Likes

Wow I wouldn’t have even thought of that

That would be a good idea

1 Like

Fishing is a good form of hunting and thats allowed. Read thru that Roblox Guidelines and Im sure itll give info there. I think it would be better off not to include any sort of animals that are illegal to hunt in certain countries or better yet ‘hunt’ any fictional creatures excluding that nasty gore and stuff :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Survival 101, Survival 202, made by Davidii and all his other survival games have been around since 2009 and it has a hunting aspect in the game. You need food and if you slay the animals you get raw meat that you can cook to eat. Of course it’s not graphic, anything graphic on Roblox is obviously going to get deleted.

2 Likes

By graphic, I think I meant realism. Not necessarily blood, pain, or gore in general, but a realistic model of an animal dying.
I may be biased though as this isn’t the type of thing I would enjoy playing, plus I kind of assumed the game would be realistic.

An example of where this is fine would be Booga Booga, where the animals are literally 6 bricks and the meat/item is generally 1.