Is this "gambling"

I am making a simulator and would like to know is this is against the Roblox TOS.
Is this considered “gambling”?

The product sells for 49 robux, giving you a 5% chance of winning. (Feels like a gamble.)

2 Likes

Are you always guaranteed to win a certain amount of cash? Or is it only $1M or nothing?

2 Likes

Its hit or miss. Thus, its 1M or nothing. Should I change this?

1 Like

Yeah, that’s gambling.

As per the Community Standards / ToS:

3 Likes

Were I to make guaranteed prizes, would it be ok?

1 Like

Yes most likely.

1 Like

You would have to use the Policy API as well as disclose the odds if what you could get is still random.

1 Like

But what is this policy information?

How do I use it?

I’m not sure. Half of me says not really and the other half says yes. Maybe instead of getting nothing if you lose, you can give them another item. I know simulators that do that.

1 Like

Would I use the ArePaidRandomItemsRestricted

What About this?

1 Like

Personally I would do one value as 50% and make it 50K cash (depends on cash value and how quickly you can earn that amount of money) and then have a chance of either 50K or nothing.

That would be allowed since you’re guaranteed to get something in return for the players Robux.

3 Likes

Honestly, that looks fine. Just as @Crazedbrick1 said above me, you are guaranteed to get something for the robux.

GAMBLING

• Gambling is when you spend money and have a 99% chance of loosing

BUYING

• This is kinda buying, because you will for sure get something in return, it is just how much. I like the odds on the image.
2 Likes

Personally, I would stay away from this because it still has the same draw as gambling on players: To buy it again untill you get the big cash.

To me it seems just like buying a ‘mystery’ box in other games, where you are guaranteed of some kind of return.
Same as what @Crazedbrick1 and @Rbl0xGaMer949 said.

2 Likes

If you still have a doubt on whether thats considered as gambling, check out this post on the forums by Roblox: Guidelines around users paying for random virtual items

1 Like

Yes, because they add up to 100% meaning that you will have to get 1 of the 3