Is this line of code a virus?

Yeah I did my best to take apart the asset, it had about 400,003 objects in it. It had a module as well, but I couldn’t read the code since it was obfuscated/encrypted.

2 Likes

I’m confused on how the developer of the model managed to even make the model, let alone publish it. A loop that prints something, like 5000 times, is already enough to crash studio on a few computers.

1 Like

This would be the type of thing to add to Code Review! Anyway, it probably is a backdoor, so delete it! <3

1 Like

Isn’t code review for posting code you made?

1 Like

Not specifically! This topic would belong in Code Review, because they don’t have an issue with the code, but they need confirmation there is nothing wrong with it!

1 Like

Haha, I actually have the exact same virus. It was in every script of the game, and there were a bunch of lines at the end of the scripts with a bunch of indents to attempt to hide it :slight_smile:

EDIT: It also makes the script editor super laggy, as well as the gameplay. It entered my game through my Builder’s plugin, and I haven’t found a way to get rid of the viruses yet…

2 Likes

I’ve gained enough information to determine that this line of code is a virus. The code translates to Teefus 0001, thank you @Vain_0 for giving me the information on this code. Teefus is a server sided exploit within the exploiting community. If you see any line of code that translates to this; get it out immediately.

3 Likes

Sorry about my friend making that.

That is for Teefus SS
Its a backdoor.

1 Like

This saved me, for some reason this was in my game and erroring like mad, I found this and knew a strategy of how to hide infection code in scripts, and as I guessed the horizontal scroll was very long, and guess what I find, the exact script in my game.

If you have to question it, better remove it to be safe than sorry.