Is this place looking good?

Recently, I was wondering if this place was looking good? Currently I don’t know how to improve it what I did, but I know what I want to add next, also the place is only a test, I will see later if it could be a game or not, but for now I need to know what you think about it.

Place Pictures:

16 Likes

Wow man this place is looking very good, are you going to add like houses in the maps. Or are they all in one whole game map? But to me this is a really good map you did, you can also make the trunks look full low poly. To me they look like blocks placed as the trunk but this is really good keep it up man like to see the final game soon.!

2 Likes

Look great to me, keep on developing.

3 Likes

It is artistically pleasing to the eye but apart from that, the fact that most of the colours seem homogeneous can make the place very dull very quickly, especially since it is so large and open. Essentially, you will require objects and different colours along the way to attract interest (differing shades of green, brown, grey, etc.). Right now, as everything is so plain and similar, that doesn’t seem to be the case.

On the second image, the rocks are categorically different. The rocks that border the river at the base appear copy and pasted and are different in colour to the cliffs. This makes that location look somewhat silly and I would highly recommend using a different rock appearance.

Other than that, it looks good. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I’d experiment with the lighting, try out a variety of different water colors till it matches the environment better.

Currently the present level design resembles the generic simulator, obby. If it’s an obby than the level will have to be adjusted to fit a range of difficulties (easy,medium,hard etc). If it’s a simulator than I’d focus on planning out the roadblocks, extending the map through creative alternatives. I.e using the lava themed level instead of just making the length longer you could add a temple or underground passage.

Adding on to this, a large proportion of rocks used in game these days are meshes/mesh parts or unions (I wouldn’t recommend unions for performance purposes). If you’re unfamiliar with blender, and unions than there’s a variety of open sources to choose from in the toolbox however be advised the meshes open sourced aren’t 100% guaranteed to had been optimized for gaming performance due to high polycount(s).

2 Likes

This place looks GREAT (I never would be able to build something like this). However in this picture:

If those are rope constraints and the bridge isn’t anchored (I can’t tell from this picture, if I’m wrong then ignore this), then you might want to anchor the bridge since ropes can be very glitchy.

2 Likes

I like the style you went with nd how smooth it is, this is great!

2 Likes

The low poly theme of this map is great on the eyes, I really appreciate how you chose to use pastel colors that greatly complemented each other in order to maintain the same theme throughout.

1 Like

Love the use of the Smooth texture and the low-poly feel I get from this. My only suggestion is to keep away from making everything symmetric. Otherwise, amazing work friend, can’t wait to see future progress! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It looks soy good! It feel a lot like deathrun maps!

8 Likes

It looks pretty good so far to me! I have a couple of ideas you can consider to help improve it:

• For one, it looks like most of the terrain is made out of the same octagon pillars, I do like the style but I would definitely add more variety of shapes, as well as try to give the terrain more height and depth by avoiding building it all on the same level, which you did a good job of on the snow map.
  • As Somnar said, I would try adding more color variation as well, even if it is just a little bit, to help spice it up some and make it less monotonous and kind of flat to look at. For example, the grass and all of the trees on the first image are the same color. In this case, I would add some variation to the tree colors. Instead of randomly choosing a new color for each tree, I would recommend applying a new color to several of the trees, so it doesn’t end up looking like every single tree is a unique color. You can do this pretty consistently and easily by just selecting a couple of trees and either choosing a new color or slightly changing the shade.
  • Now, I’m not too sure what these maps are used for, but they do look like some kind of deathrun course. If this is the case, then I would try adding more variation in what the player is tasked with crossing. For example, on the first image there look to be six islands that the player jumps between. I would try maybe replacing one of the middle islands with something else, like a large tree stump sticking out of the water, or a rock, to try and mix things up a little and make it more interesting.
  • Also, going back to what I said about color and terrain variation, I would also consider changing some of the trees and rocks as well. Currently some trees are bigger than others, which is a great start, but I would try making some trees’ trunks taller, or maybe changing the leaves a little by rotating different sections a small bit (if they are made from bricks). Same thing for the rocks in the second image which look like they were copy-pasted in rows and slightly rotated.

Hope these help, great job so far, keep it up!

2 Likes

The place looks awesome! The only suggestion I have is adding more than two colors in every different zone.

1 Like

Thank you all for your replies.

1 Like

Maybe make some trees and other scenery a slightly darker colour or tilt the trees slightly so it looks as if it was alive. Try making small stones in the stepping stones in the first picture.

1 Like

I really like the start of it and its simplicity is amazing. Keep it up!

1 Like

Since there’s always more that you can add to your build to improve it, you can certainly add more! I’d suggest that for each area’s border, you can add some trees and/or something that makes it look more natural, so that’s something you should certainly add to make it look good, but overall, I really enjoyed viewing this build!

1 Like