Is this Tutorial keeping player away?

So my game has been getting a little traction lately, but I noticed that some players don’t stay for too long, they just leave a few minutes in, and I’m thinking it’s the tutorial’s fault! I think that the tutorial is boring for player, but I’m not really sure.

This right here is the tutorial in my game. It’s Bee Swarm Simulator styled, just pages of information the player can scroll through. No arrows pointing to the objective or anything like that. While it’s not the best tutorial, I do think it’s adequate. It teaches the player and the player can jump right in if they so choose.

But is it boring? Do players skip the tutorial? I made it so the player can’t see how many total pages there are, so they don’t immediately go “UGHHHH this tutorial is too long imma skip it :weary:. Can you try out the game and tell me if the tutorial bores you? If you do, please answer the questions below:

Questions:

• Did you finish reading all of the tutorial? If not, why?
  • Did you understand what to do after reading the tutorial?
  • How can I improve this tutorial?

Here’s the game link:

Thanks for leaving feedback! :smiley:

2 Likes

Personally around page 10 it felt a bit slow? not sure if thats the word but id just recommend combining a few pages like for example 4 and 5. It seems unnecessary to devote an entire page to say they are sparkles and then have the entire next page to explain what they are. some others are 15 and 16, 17 and 18, and maybe 9 and 10 but that would probably be to many words to fit on a page. This is just my opinion though
edit: I like the game its a great idea

It is long and most games I have played have tutorials that are about 4 or 5 pages long.

Great idea btw

1 Like