Is using multiple DataStores at once a good idea?

Basically what the title says.
Is it okay to use (for instance 5) DataStores and load/save them at the same time?

If yes, then will it prevent data loss?

EDIT: Is saving data in multiple keys, but in the same datastore a good idea?

1 Like

If your game is big, you might hit the limits. I would recommend putting all of the data into a table and then saving the table into 1 datastore.

1 Like

I don’t think you will hit the limits with using 5 different datastores, but only do this if it is necessary, if you can combine them into one table, that would be better since your reducing the calls to datastore api, thus reducing your chance of hitting the limits. I don’t see any circumstances in which using 5 different datastores is justifiable unless your making a extensive house building system, like bloxburg or roville. Ensure that you always find some way of serializing the data so it takes up less space. @COUNTYL1MITS remember that the number or requests scales with the size of the game.

2 Likes

Personally I stored 7 values in 1 datastore using a table, so if you are worried about reaching the request limit you can just turn it all into a table, however 5 datastores isn’t too bad I don’t think as long as your game isn’t constantly saving. The limit for saving/setting data is 60 + the amount of players in your game x10 per minute, so keep that in mind when saving data.

1 Like