Island Showcase

Hi, I recently finished my first showcase terrain-building. Feedback is much appreciated!

\

You can play the game here TheLuaDog's Place Number: 13 - Roblox!

6 Likes

Looks nice, but the palm trees’s textures need some work.

1 Like

So far it looks incredible! I would suggest freeing up some space towards the center of the island by reducing the volume of ground-level foliage.

Perhaps you could add some environmental sound effects to better set the scene?

2 Likes

Sure. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

wow it looks great but log textures can be better

you should try looking for PBR textures for those palm trees

First off: try to not create repetitive trees and objects i’ll decrease the amount of trees i’ll try creating variety of palm trees all trees don’t feature similar shapes, have them bend and have a slightly different style most of the amounts there look weird and placed in wrong areas.

Expending the water depth and throwing variation of trees and other plants would work to make it look decent, and have that sort of realistic feel just to add a bit of realism you could also play around with the lighting try to not make everything bright and saturated.

My only issue is there’s not much going on. The land Is quite small and bland and doesn’t feature a lot of details adding things like bird sounds, water noise could probably improve it a little more. Other than that I wouldn’t really call it a ‘showcase’ since I feel like this could be improved way more than a way hours - minutes of work.

This is a beautiful showcase. But the trees textures need some detail as in this image:

Otherwise I have no problems with this showcase. Also I’m from Florida.

Personally I think it would look better if you made the trees in blender or something, because the texture looks kind of odd considering it is so round, and it is sticking straight up