IsoStudio - Building in style

IsoStudio - Building in style.

LATEST UPDATE: 26/10/2023

Update Log:
  • 24/10/23: Initial release.

• 24/10/23: Updated Plugin - Users can now focus on a Model by pressing ‘F’; Users can now zoom using the scrollwheel.

• 25/10/23: Rotation & changes to ‘isometric’ coding - Adding the ability for Users to rotate their viewport using RMB [Same as Studio]; also adjust the isometric function, replacing CFrame.lookAt with
    CFrame.Angles.

• 26/10/23: Added to ability to move the Camera upwards using Spacebar and downwards using Left Shift.

Disclaimer

This Plugin is not 100% isometric due to ROBLOXs Camera limitation - It does however mimic the effect.

IsoStudio is a Plugin for ROBLOX Studio that allows the Player to build in an Isometric style allowing you to keep constant visuals on your creation.

Pair this with my TriTerrain plugin to create low-poly scenes.

Controls:

Overhauling the traditional Studio controls, IsoStudio uses WASD & QE.
To enable & disable the Plugin simply select the Icon from the Plugin tab.

KeyBind:

W = Forward.
A = Left.
S = Backward.
D = Right.
Space = Upwards
L Shift = Downwards

Q = Zoom in.
E = Zoom out.
F = Focus on selection.
R = Reset Default values
Scroll Wheel = Zoom
Hold RMB = Camera Rotation

ESC = Toggle Plugin

Showcase:

Video:

Basic Function
Rotation [ NEW ]

Price: 100R$

This is my first paid plugin - Unfortunately 100R$ is the minimum marketplace allows.

Got feedback? That’s great! I want to keep working & making improvements on these sort of projects that will hopefully help development in one way or another.
Feel free to leave any feedback & future suggestions in this thread.

Check out IsoStudio here.

15 Likes

Can you tell me what features does it have? Because it doesn’t look like a good deal considering it’s a 100 Robux plugin.

5 Likes

Right now IsoStudio is currently an overhaul for Roblox Studio - Controls are forced into an Isometric view, allowing you to build in the style and having a better view of your project.

More features yet to come in future updates.

3 Likes

I mean, if you won’t discontinue this plugin then I’m all for it

4 Likes

No plans to. ^^
I’m completely invested in the Isometric art-style and feel it’s completely undervalued for ROBLOX.

3 Likes

Are you able to provide a video showcasing this plugin?

2 Likes

Hi, @BandaidKidd.
I’ve update the OP with a video link to Gyazo displaying the Plugin further.

2 Likes

This is honestly a really cool plugin and I would definitely use a lot.
One thing though - 100 robux is a little much for a plugin that essentially just changes the camera. Are there any other features or planned features that’d actually make it a purchase that I wouldn’t regret?

3 Likes

Future updates will involve an actual isometric LocalScript that Players can use in their experience to demonstrate the style.
I plan to add the ability to change all current settings - i.e. Speed, FOV, Offset.

Still early days!
Open to any suggestions! ^^

2 Likes

Why is heavens name would someone want to build with a limited view? :sob:

7 Likes

It would help if you created a video showcasing it, I personally am curious about this “building” style as I have never heard of it.

Edit: Nvm there is a small “video link” on the original post. Looks cool.

2 Likes

Great for a game camera, but I wouldn’t build with this plugin. It could still be used to preview how the game would look IF it used an isometric camera. Is this plugin togglable?

4 Likes

It is, yes.
Simply select the icon from the Plugin toolbar to toggle it on and off.

2 Likes

Edit: Looking at the plugin now with my issues addressed I can say that it is what it claims to be and people looking for an isometric view, this plugin is perfect for that. I am still a bit bummed that it isn’t fully isometric due to engine limitations but it’s pretty close to that.

I recommend

Old Review:

As I builder, isometric view for Roblox Studio was something that was always lacking and would of significantly improve my experience. Once I found this plugin, I was really excited but quickly became disappointed with it’s major flaws. Below I have listed all my issues with the plugin.

Locked Camera Angles & Rotation

First of all, you can’t build effectively with IsoStudio as the camera is locked. There is no rotation or options to change the angle. So if you are looking at the rear of your house or whatever you are building, you are stuck with it. I expected the camera to behave like Blender’s isometric view allowing the camera to be rotated freely, but this is not the case.

Below I can’t rotate the camera, so I am permanently stuck looking at my house from the behind or rotating it. This can pose bigger problems for instead of a house, it’s an entire map.

Not Actually Isometric

Another thing is that the isometric view isn’t actually isometric. As a reminder, isometric view is supposed infinite perspective but the plugin’s “isometric” camera there is visible distortion and perspective.

You can test this by having a perfectly square viewport and having a gridline as a reference point to see is they perfectly align like below. Notice how the grid on the baseplate isn’t aligned to the edge’s of the viewport.

You can further prove this by having two objects cross from each other in the viewport. The objects are visibly different and distorted.

Notice how different the objects look for being isometric.

image image

Conclusion

While the idea of an isometric camera in Roblox Studio is amazing, the plugin falls short of achieving such. I found the plugin unintuitive for building with the lack of support for rotating camera angles as well as misleading with how the view isn’t actually isometric. If the issues I have stated could be resolved, I would consider a better score for the plugin but not at this state:

• Permanently locked camera
  • Isometric Camera Distortion & Misalignment

In its current state, the plugin misses critical features including its whole entire point, having an isometric view. I am really disappointed with paying for this plugin with how not only is it’s selling point is missed, but how it makes building much harder with it’s one camera angle fits all approach.

I do not recommend

6 Likes

This is not possible to fix… please know that. The camera is not isometric, this plugin tries to closely replicate it.

3 Likes

I appreciate your feedback.
Although, as stated at the very beginning, it’s only been out for less than 24 hours.

EDIT:
@WinnersTakesAll
Please see latest update; I’ve added the ability to rotate.
Please note as @bluebxrrybot stated, the graphics / distortion cannot be fixed. It is an engine issue.

Well, all he said was it isn’t worth 100 robux, but I can see it being useful if it receives more features and updates.

1 Like

How was your response a joke? @https_KingPie made some great points

If you’re gonna act like a 3 year old just leave.

I know, Everyone has different needs, like Person A wants a Module for camera shaking, while Person B wants a Module for Camera Setting

the triterrain page is not on devforum for some reason

1 Like