Issue animating Handle inside my Tool (Simplified Title)

I want to make it so I can actually animate the handle of the tool, and not just the Right Arm used to swing the baseball bat.

I can’t get the Handle to animate even though it animates perfectly fine with the Motor6D I applied to the Right Arm, and Handle of the tool. Heres what it looks like with the animation editor. I know this animation is super scuffed, but I quickly threw it together to showcase this issue, and try it with my Roblox Avatar as well:

Animation Editor:

On my Roblox Avatar:

I already read about not being able to animate the tool without the Motor6D being added to the character, and attaching it to the Arm and Handle. The animation editor has a copy of the Motor6D, and so does my character, but this issue occurs anyways.

Here’s my Script for my StarterCharacterScripts script:

Tool = script.Parent:WaitForChild("Average Baseball Bat")
Motor6D = script.Motor6D

Tool.Equipped:Connect(function()
	Motor6D.Part0 = script.Parent:WaitForChild("Right Arm")
	Motor6D.Part1 = Tool:WaitForChild("Handle")
end)

p.s This is a Server Script, not local.

I made it so when I equip the tool, the Motor6D child of the script sets it’s Part0 to the Right Arm of the R6 character (which is me in this case) and also made it so Part1 is set to the Handle of the tool, just like I had done with the animation editor copy.

The script successfuly sets the Part0 and Part1 to their correct values when I equip the tool. (Right Arm, and Handle in this case)

Everything I had done with my Animation Editor Rig copy of the animation, I did the exact same for the actual players character.

So with the Part0 and Part1 being set correctly, and the animations successfully loading in without errors, why is the handle STILL not being animated?

Before you tell me to go and read this I already have, and it didn’t solve this problem for me, AND it just opens up an abusive path for exploiters (I don’t care if they do, as no one really knows of the game I’m making and could care less about them) it’d still be nice to have a secure way to do this, and I think the way I’ve done it shouldn’t be having any issues.

Things to note

• The script I put in StarterCharacterScripts is a child of the Players Character Model, and is called Motor6DHandler with a Motor6D as a Child of that script, and is activated when the player equips the specified tool shown above
    Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 9.42.07 PM
  • My tools scripts only attempt to run the animation, and don’t mess with this Motor6D in anyway.
  • This is obviously a tool
  • What my tools Hierarchy looks like:
    Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 9.39.40 PM

If you need any additional information about any of the things here, please let me know. I’ve posted about this issue in #help-and-feedback:art-design-support but no one responded, and it was formatted as a general question, and I tried doing the same with a snowball, but couldn’t get that to work with this issue, only without all the work arounds I have posted here.

I know this is super long to read, but this has been SUCH A BARRIER to my development, and I really just some help figuring this out. I’m not the best scripter, and I wanted to avoid RemoteEvents and local scripts as seen in that article I posted above that didn’t work for me.

Thank you in Advanced.

-Void_Xiety :white_heart:

In case you’re wondering, the link to my previous article relating the exact same issue, can be found here, only with my snowball tool, and only wanting to animate an Action of tossing it up and down:

Alright! Never mind! I have found the issue to this problem!

Add this line of code RightArmGrip = script.Parent["Right Arm"].RightGrip
then this RightArmGrip:Destroy() right after. The script below will show this exactly.

Tool = script.Parent:WaitForChild("Average Baseball Bat")
Motor6D = script.Motor6D

Tool.Equipped:Connect(function()
	Motor6D.Part0 = script.Parent:WaitForChild("Right Arm")
	Motor6D.Part1 = Tool:WaitForChild("Handle")

RightArmGrip = script.Parent["Right Arm"].RightGrip
RightArmGrip:Destroy()
end)

This change is made to the Motor6DHandler script in StarterCharacterScripts

Huge credit to @Duskitten for personally telling me about the R6 RightArm grip.

This problem has been fixed 100%, I will make a #resources:community-tutorials on it tomorrow. Thank you for reading if you have, and I’m sure this fix will help with Tool melee’s a lot!